Nowadays, starting your blog is one of the best ways to earn money online. The rising popularity of platforms such as WordPress, BlogSpot, Wix etc. means that anyone can start their blog without needing any coding skills. However, these platforms have made the blogging business quite competitive.
So, if you’re thinking about starting your blog and making money through it, then the following guidelines will help in setting up your blog using BlogSpot and WordPress.
But first here are some tips for starting your blog site:
Tips for Starting your Blog
- The first and the most important part of starting your blog is choosing the topic of the blog. If you want to survive in the blogging business then you have to write the kind of content which is according to the market trends. Use google suggested searches and auto-complete to know what people are looking for and then decide the niche of your blog.
- Another important thing you should keep in mind is that you cannot earn money through blogging in a few days. You have to work hard for it. Don’t think about money for at least 5 to 6 months from your start.
- You should identify your interest and passion before starting your blog. There is no point in starting a blog in which you have zero interest. You will get bored with time and your blog is likely to become stale.
Now we will discuss what you all are here for and that is, “how to make money using BlogSpot and WordPress blogs?” We will provide the procedure for creating a blog through both these platforms and also how you can monetize your blog.
Creating Blog via BlogSpot
- Access this link https://www.blogger.com/about/?r=2
- You must have a google account to create a blog through Blogger.com
- Use your Google account if you have one. Write your email and password to start creating your first blog.
- After that, you will be asked to write your display name. Write the display name and click on continue.
- Once you click on continue, you will see the ‘create blog’ option on the left side of your screen. Click on it.
- On the next screen, you have to write the title of your blog, blog address and have to choose the theme of your blog.
- Once you’re done with all that, you have to click on ‘create a blog.’
- Congrats, your blog has been created.
- Now click on new post and start writing your first blog.
- Once you start getting enough traffic from the search engine on your blog, you can apply for AdSense by clicking on earnings.
Note: Don’t apply for AdSense unless you are getting at least 300 visitors on your blog because Google will not approve the AdSense for your blog.
Creating Blog via WordPress
- Go to this link (https://wordpress.com/alp/?aff=58022&cid=8348279)
- After opening the link, click on ‘products’ and then on ‘blogs’.
- Once you click on blogs, you will be redirected to the ‘create a blog’ page.
- Now click on ‘start your blog.’
- After that, you have to enter your email and choose a username and password to create a WordPress account.
Note: You can use Google or Apple ID to create a WordPress account.
- After creating a WordPress account, you have to write the domain name of your choosing.
- WordPress will give you options of available domains. Choose the one which you think is best for you.
- After that, you have to choose the billing plan.
- Now provide all the information and use your credit card or debit card to make the payment.
- Once you are done with the payment, you will be able to write your first blog.
- Click on the “Write” button and start writing your first blog.
Note: You need to generate some traffic first in order to monetize your blog.
This is how you can create your own blog using BlogSpot and WordPress. Now to address a more important question, How to earn money through these blogs? Well, here’s your answer:
How to Earn Money through your Blogs
- Affiliate marketing: You can recommend a product or service to your audience on your blog through special tracking links. Whenever a person buys that product or service after clicking on your link, you get a referral commission. This is how affiliate marketing works. You can find different products from sites like Amazon, Commission Junction, and ShareASale etc. to get a referral commission.
- Google AdSense: Google AdSense is a very important tool for earning money through blogs. The blog sites get paid whenever a person clicks on the ads that appear on the blog. If you have enough traffic on your blog, then you can apply for AdSense to start earning through your blogs.
- Writing Sponsored Content: This is the best way to monetize your blog. If you’re able to attract a good amount of audience on your blog, then some brands may approach you to write blogs about their products or services. You can also go to brands and tell them about the traffic on your blog. Once you’ve had your readership over a certain number, the brands will automatically approach you to write sponsored content.
How to Increase Traffic on your Blog
- Try to promote your content through social media platforms. Make pages of your blog on social media and promote them by tagging fellow bloggers. You can also use paid advertising option on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter etc. to attract the larger audience on your blog.
- You must write content that is according to market demands. Track the trending topics in the market and start writing about them. Your blog content should be optimized according to market trends.
- You can look at other blogs of your niche. Look at what they are doing and try to do that in a better way. You should always be on a lookout for the market gaps that fall under your blog niche.
- Before writing any blog, you must find a keyword that will attract more audience to your blog.
- In order to increase traffic on your blog, you must respond to news stories on your blog that are related to your niche. This will give you much-needed exposure in the blog space.
We hope this guide was helpful to you. If you liked this article or have any questions relating to it, tell us about it in the comments and don’t forget to share it with your friends.