Eid ul Adha is just around the corner and provincial governments have issued SOPs for cattle markets in order to limit the spread of coronavirus. Every year, just before Eid-ul-Adha, large stretches of land outside the cities are allocated for the cattle market.
Hundreds and thousands of people visit these markets with family and friends to buy sacrificial animals. Therefore, to minimize the risk of coronavirus, local authorities have asked people to follow all the SOPs when going to the cattle markets.
With Eid-ul-Adha coming up, ProPakistani has received a lot of queries on how to protect your family from coronavirus this Eid. Read on!
Also Read: How to take care of your loved ones
Protecting your Family from Coronavirus
As we all know that there is currently no certain cure or vaccine for the novel coronavirus disease, the best way to prevent this disease is by minimizing your exposure. It is important to understand that the coronavirus is highly contagious and easily spreads from person to person.
When an infected person coughs or sneezes, their droplets can infect the people nearby. Also, coronavirus can be spread by people who aren’t showing any symptoms. So, it is important to avoid close contacts with others.
By taking the following measures, you can protect your family from coronavirus this Eid.
- Clean and disinfect all the frequently touched surfaces with disinfectant. This includes doorknobs, tables, switches, countertops, mobile phones, keyboards, toilets etc.
- Tell them to wash hands with soap regularly and thoroughly. Especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Stop them from going into crowded places because they are more likely to come into close contact with someone that has COVID-19. If they have to go outside then tell them to maintain at least 2 metre (6 feet) distance between yourself and others. Also, ask them to use the mask and follow other precautionary measures when in public.
- Cancel all BBQ parties and family gatherings because the threat of corona is not over yet. We still have to maintain social distance and avoid large family gatherings in our homes.
- Don’t take kids and elderly to the cattle market to buy your sacrificial animal. Anyone going to buy must follow the SOPs issued by the government. Wear mask and gloves and take alcohol-based sanitizer with you while buying the sacrificial animal.
- Make sure you and your family follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering mouth and nose with mask whenever in public and using bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. After that, dispose of the used tissue and wash your hands immediately.
- Monitor your family member’s health. If anyone of them has fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other symptoms then isolate them in a separate room and contact your government health authority to get them tested.
There you have it guys! This is how you can protect your family from coronavirus this Eid. If you have any queries related to the topic then feel free to comment below.