Want to know How to Reach Malam Jabba? Read our article below and see how you can reach this exotic destination from some major cities in Pakistan.
Malam Jabba is one of the famous ski resorts in Pakistan. It is a hill station located in the Hindu Kush mountain range approximately 45 kilometres from Saidu Sharif in Swat Valley, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The distance to Malam Jabba from Islamabad is approximately 314 km. It is one of the ancient lands in Pakistan and you will get to know about its ancient history when you go there. How to reach there? It depends on which means of transport you are using.
If you are taking your car there, then you can use the newly constructed Swat motorway. People from Islamabad can use the Islamabad-Peshawar motorway to reach Malam Jabba. The Swat motorway is linked with Islamabad-Peshawar motorway via Kernal Sher khan interchange. For complete route details from main cities, you have to stick with us for a while.
Places to Visit in Malam Jabba
There are two Buddhists Stupas and almost six Monasteries spread around the resort. When you are going to Malam Jabba, you will come across Swat that is also known as “Switzerland of Pakistan“. All the stupas and monasteries are open for the public and you can go there to know more about Buddhists history. In ancient times, all these places were owned by Buddhists and you can see their stone god statues on upper mountains.
There are two hiking treks near Malam Jabba resort. One trek passes in course of Ghorband Valley and Shangla Top and other passes by the Sabonev Valley. It is a perfect tourist place with things attractions like ice-skating rinks, skiing platforms, chair lifts etc.
The Perfect Weather to Visit Malam Jabba
The perfect weather to go there is from February to June. In these months, the weather is not too cold nor hot enough. The temperature in November and December is between 3°C to 25°C and 2°C to 20°C respectively. You may also want to visit Malam Jabba during skiing festival. However, in any case, the ideal weather is from February to June.
Now the question is how to get there? With the construction of Swat motorway, the travelling time to Swat from Islamabad has reduced significantly so if you have your car, you should use the newly constructed motorway.
Distance from Different Cities
The distance varies for cities like Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi. The distance and travelling time of some cities to Malam Jabba is given below.
- From Islamabad to Malam Jabba, the distance is 284 KM and it takes approximately 6 hours to reach via Swat motorway.
- From Lahore to Malam Jabba, the distance is 619 KM and it takes about 9 to 10 hours to reach via Swat motorway.
- From Karachi to Malam Jabba, the distance is 1661 KM and it takes about 22 hours to reach via Swat motorway.
Complete Route Details from Different Cities
The routes we are giving you in the article are the fastest ones. Note that all these routes are by road.
From Islamabad to Malam Jabba
- Get on Islamabad-Peshawar motorway and exit from Kernal Sher Khan Interchange to Swat Expressway.
- Follow the Swat expressway to Katlang road for approximately 141 KM.
- Now exit Swat expressway from Sakhakot Palai Road interchange and get on Katlang road.
- Continue on Katlang road for a few Kilometres and then get on Sowari-Mingora road.
- After that, drive through Malam Jabba road in Swat.
- Drive to Malam Jabba road in Malam Jabba.
From Lahore to Malam Jabba
- Get on Lahore-Islamabad motorway M2 via link Ferozepur road.
- Drive towards Islamabad-Peshawar motorway.
- After getting on the Islamabad-Peshawar motorway, continue driving on it for 482 Kilometres.
- Exit the motorway via Kernal Sher Khan Interchange to Swat Expressway.
- Exit the Swat expressway.
- Take the Sowari-Mingora road and continue driving for a few kilometres.
- Now get on the Malam Jabba road to reach Malam Jabba. The route is the same when you reach Islamabad from Lahore.
From Karachi to Malam Jabba
It will take a full day to reach Malam Jabba from Karachi by road. If you can afford, it is better to fly from Karachi to Islamabad from where you can take a bus or rent a car as per your convenience and budget. However, if you want to visit it by road, then complete route details are as follows.
- Firstly, you need to get on Lyari expressway to Karachi-Hyderabad motorway.
- Follow the Karachi-Hyderabad motorway to Indus highway in Jamshoro.
- Get on Sukkur-Multan motorway M5 via Indus highway.
- Continue driving on the motorway for 1065 kilometres and exit from Islamabad-Peshawar motorway via Kernal Sher Khan Interchange.
- Exit Swat expressway via Sakhakot Palai Road interchange and get on Katlang road.
- Take the Sowari-Mingora road which will lead you towards the Malam Jabba road.
- Get on that road to reach your favourite destination.
These are only road route details for reaching Malam Jabba. You can also use the bus to reach there. Take any Swat route bus and from there hire a cab or rent a car to reach there. People planning to visit from Karachi or Lahore can also choose to fly if their budget allows. After landing, you can rent a car or you can use any of the bus services.
To sum up, Malam Jabba should be your go-to place because of its history, attractions, and sceneries in all four seasons. You will not have a hard time finding a decent hotel that fits your budget and meets your comfort needs. Please note that the travelling time mentioned in the article can vary due to traffic or other factors. So plan your visit accordingly.