Here’s how to make coffee while sitting at the comfort of your home:
- To make a cup of coffee, you simply need instant coffee powder, hot milk and sugar.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coffee and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a mug respectively. Add 1 teaspoon of milk as well.
- Whisk the mixture with a spoon as much as you can until the mixture becomes light brown in color and creamy.
- Pour the hot milk in the mixture and there you have it, your hot cup of coffee.
A cup of coffee is the perfect thing to drink whether you are waking up in the morning or wrapping up your evening alongside a dessert. There is never a bad time for drinking it. Without morning coffee some people cannot function properly. Therefore, a cup of it in the morning can set their mood for the whole day.
Here we will provide different ways to make a good coffee whether you are using a coffee maker or using a French press. The coffee you drink in cafes is different as compared to the ones we make in our homes. Have you wondered why? It is due to the inconsistency in the brewing methods.
Different Coffee Brewing Methods
The first thing in making a coffee is to get familiar with different brewing methods. Below is the list of methods you can use.
- Coffee maker method
- Strainer method
- French press method
- Cowboy method
- Microwave method
- Coffee Bag Method
These are some of the ways to brew. However, people in this region like to drink coffee with milk, not a black one. So we will provide a detailed recipe of creamy milk coffee in the article as well. But first let’s tell you about the ingredients needed in all brewing methods.
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee grounds
Coffee Maker Method
The required ingredients and procedure of this method is given below:
- Coffee maker
- Paper filter
- You need a coffee maker and if you don’t have one then buy one.
- To make a cup of coffee, pour 180 ml of water in the reservoir of the machine.
- Now open the filter compartment and put a new paper filter there.
- After that, add grounds in it and close the lid.
- Turn on the machine and you will hear a dripping sound coming from it.
- Once it stops dripping, turn off the machine and remove the filter.
- Remove the pot and pour the coffee into a cup.
- You can add sugar or milk in it if you don’t like it.
How to Make Coffee using ‘the Strainer Method’
The ingredients and complete recipe of the strainer method for making a delicious cup are given below.
- Kettle or Saucepan
- Pour a cup of water into the saucepan or kettle and add grounds in it as per your taste.
- Now heat the water and bring it to a boil.
- Stir the grounds in the boiling water.
- Take a strainer and place it on top of your mug. Pour the coffee through it.
- The strainer will not allow the grounds to go in the mug. Enjoy your flavorful beverage.
- Add sugar or milk if you want to.
French Press Method
The ingredients and complete procedure of the French press is given below
- French press
- Kettle or saucepan
- Pour a cup of water into the saucepan or kettle and let the water to boil.
- You should pour more than a cup of water into the kettle or saucepan because of the loss of water due to evaporation.
- Now grind the beans. Don’t grind them too much, you don’t want finely powdered coffee.
- Put the beans in the French press and pour water in it.
- Stir the water with a spoon to mix it with coffee.
- After that, insert the plunger and press it down. Press it enough that the filter is above the water level.
- Don’t press it down all the way, keep the French press steady for 3 to 4 minutes and push the plunger slowly towards the bottom of the French press.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy it.
How to make Coffee using ‘the Cowboy Method’
The procedure and the ingredients required in this method are given below.
- Stove pot
- Stove or any heating source
- Turn on the stove and put the stove pot on it.
- Pour the water and grounds in it.
- Let it sit on the stove for 4 to 5 minutes.
- To serve it, you need to ladle it from the pot. Try to avoid scooping up the beans that are left at the bottom.
- You can use a strainer to avoid the beans.
- Put it in a mug and add sugar if you like. Now enjoy your flavorful drink.
How to Make Coffee ‘the Microwave Method’
This is the simplest way to make it at your home. Follow the steps given below.
- Beans or powder
- Mug or a cup
- Add water in a cup or a mug and put it in a microwave for two minutes.
- After that, take the mug out from the microwave and put the beans or powder in the hot water.
- Stir it and let the solution settle at the bottom of the mug.
- Don’t take the last sip of this because all the beans or grounds will be at the bottom.
How to make Coffee using ‘the Bag Method’
Yes, you’re reading it right. You have heard about the tea bags, it is similar to it. But instead of tea, we put coffee beans in the filter.
- Put the coffee grounds in the filter and tie it up.
- Tie it up in such a way that the grounds don’t come out from the filter when you put it in the water.
- Now pour water in a kettle or stove pot and let it boil.
- After that, pour water into the mug and dip the bag in the same way as you dip a teabag in the water.
- Keep the bag in it for a few minutes for a strong taste.
- You can add milk or sugar in it if you like.
These are some of the methods which you can use to make coffee. Adding sugar or milk in all these methods is up to you. If you like black one then you don’t need to add it. Otherwise, add both things as per your taste.
How To Make Your Coffee Hot and Creamy
With this recipe, you can make a creamy hot cup of coffee in a few minutes at home. The procedure is simple if you just follow the steps precisely.
- Instant Coffee powder
- Add one teaspoon of powder and one tablespoon of sugar in a mug respectively.
- Now add one teaspoon of milk in the mug, to whisk it.
- These ratios are for one cup and if you want to make two cups then you have to adjust ratios accordingly.
- For two cups, you have to put two teaspoons of powder and two tablespoons of sugar in the mug. Add two teaspoons of milk in it as well.
- You need to whisk the mixture with a spoon until the mixture changes in color from dark brown to light brown and becomes creamy.
- Pour one cup of milk in the saucepan and let it boil.
- After that, pour the milk onto the creamy mixture you have made in a cup.
- Stir it and you have a hot creamy cup of your favorite beverage.
The taste of coffee depends on the beans and the procedure you use. In the above method, you have to blend it well otherwise you won’t get the desired taste and look. In short, follow all the recipes precisely and use the same ingredients mentioned in the article to make the most amazing cup of coffee.