Last week both Punjab and KP government announced further relaxations in the lockdown by allowing public transports to resume in the province. This decision was made after PM Imran Khan requested provincial governments to reopen the public transport to help the lower socio-economic class of the society. Sindh and Balochistan both resisted the move to open public transport because of the risk of a faster spread of COVID-19. In this article, we will provide all the details regarding public transport availability in the country.
Public Transport SOPs | KPK
On May 18th, KP Relief, Rehabilitation and Settlement Department issued a notification regarding the resumption of the public transport in the province. In the notification, it was stated that public transport will be resumed in the province under the following protocols.
- The divisional commissioners through regional transport authorities will consult with transporters on SOPs. After that, intra-district and district-to-district transport through individual orders on routes deemed appropriate by them, will be reopened in the province.
- Recommendations will be made to the provincial transport authority/department in case of district-to-district transport involving more than one division. The final decision will be made by the provincial transport authority.
Also Read: PIA Flight Schedule
Public Transport SOPs | Punjab
Punjab government also held meetings with transporters to decide the SOPs for the resumption of public transport in the province. According to the SOPs decided by the government and transporters, the following measures shall be enforced;
- 2 seats to be allotted to a single passenger to maintain physical distance.
- There should be a distance of at least three feet between passengers.
- Buses will have to be disinfected after each trip
- The air conditioning should be turned off and windows should be kept open
- Hand sanitizers should be made available at each terminal
- Any passenger with a fever or cough shouldn’t be allowed to board the bus
It bears mentioning that the public transport in Punjab could not be resumed after transport owners refused to follow the SOPs issued by the provincial government.
With all of that out of the way, if you’re looking to check public transport availability, you have come to the right place. Here we will tell you about different bus services like Daewoo, Skyways, Islamabad Express etc. and how you can check their availability.
Daewoo Express is one of the biggest inter-city passenger bus services in the country. It has operations in more than 60 destinations within the country. Daewoo express announced to resume the bus service on past Tuesday.
You can check Daewoo route availability through Daewoo’s official website and/or via their mobile app (iOS and Android).
- Access Daewoo express website on your web browser.
- Click on “Purchase Ticket”.
- Select the departure destination.
- After that, select the arrival destination.
- Now select the departure date.
- Finally, click on get schedule and check if it’s available or not.
Note: You can also call Daewoo express helpline to check route availability. Call 111-007-008 or 03311-007-008 and find out all the details.
Skyways is another intercity and urban bus transportation service which operates in more than 50 destinations across Pakistan. If you want to travel to the designated destinations through skyways, then you can call at these numbers; 051-111-555-567, 042-111-555-567, 041-111-555-567. You can find skyways terminal numbers as well by following the instructions given below.
- Go to the skyways website.
- Click on terminals.
- After that, select the province of your choosing.
- You will find contact numbers of different terminals on the website. Contact the terminal of your choice and check if they’re in service or not.
Islamabad express is another intercity bus service with its head office in Faizabad Main I.J.P Road, Islamabad. You can call their head office to know about the resumption of their service. Contact 0323-8000086 and 0324-8000086 and find out all the details.
To know about the public transport availability, you can contact your city and district administration as well.
This article is all about public transport availability in the country. Stay tuned for more developments and details.