Is it just me or are you all a fan of Pasta too? I absolutely LOVE pasta, I mean what’s not to love? It’s way too hard to resist.
You know another thing that’s even harder to resist? Its when you have to choose between pasta and another favorite dish of yours. Its PURE AGONY I tell you.
Luckily for you, I know this struggle all too well. And better yet, we just have the solution to this issue with THE ultimate; Yummiest, Cheesiest & CRAZIEST Casserole recipe ever! Why crazy, you may ask? Because it contains Pasta (obviously), Rice, Bread, Cheese, Vegetables, a Special Sauce and Chicken!
Don’t believe us? Have a look for yourself.
Ingredients for Crazy Casserole Recipe
- 1 breast piece chicken
- 3 Green chilies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of ginger
- 3 onions (2 sliced and 1 cut in quarters)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Red crushed chili 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
(Topping and Layers):
- 5-6 Bread slices or buns
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup of Boiled pasta
- 1 cup of Boiled rice
- 1 cup of grated Cheese or 8-10 slices of cheese.
- 1/2 cup Red kidney beans
- 1 Capsicum chopped
- 1/4 cup Corn
- 1/4 cup Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chili garlic mayo
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Red crushed chili
For chicken mince:
• Process 1 onion (cut in quarters), garlic, ginger and green chilies, set aside.
• Mince chicken in food processor in multiple pulses; make sure chicken is chunky and not finely minced.
• In a pan heat oil and sauté proceeded vegetables for 1-2 minutes.
• Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes.
• Season with salt and red crushed chili
• Add in tomatoes, and cook until the water evaporates.
• Lastly, add in 2 sliced onions and set the mince aside.
• Mix all condiments together and set aside
• Generously butter bread slices/buns and grill or bake for 7-8 minutes or until crunchy. Cut into 2-3 inch shapes
• Add in a layer of sauce on dish
• Then place grilled bread slices/buns
• Place cheese slices/grated cheese
• Add mince on top
• Add red kidney beans, capsicum, jalapeños and corn
• Add another layer of sauce
• Add rice and pasta
• Add remaining chicken mince, red beans, capsicum and jalapeños.
• Lastly top with cheese and breadcrumbs
• Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
• Serve immediately and enjoy.
Note: You may layer as per your wish; this is just how I did it. Keep repeating until you’re out of components.
This sure looks yummy doesn’t it?
Let us know how this delicious treat turned out for you and your family. Sound off in the comments below. But first, there’s some good casserole recipe to be had.