Honestly, what’s not to love about Mexican style Tacos? They are so wholesome and freaking delicious, and go well with most occasions.
For our readers, today we have a Taco recipe, only thati its soft and incorporates a more desi flavor to it.
So what are you waiting for? Lets get to it.
Soft taco shells:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 ½ tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp green chutney (recipe below)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 5 boiled potato (mashed)
- 2 tbsp red chili
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- ¼ cup- ½ cup water
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of mint
- 6 green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red crushed chili
- ½ cup of water
- Sliced onions
- Chili garlic-mayonnaise sauce.
Method of Preparing Taco Recipe
- Blend coriander, mint, spices, and water together. Set aside.
Soft Taco Shells:
- Combine the above ingredients to create a soft dough, apply oil over the dough’s dome. Cover and allow resting for 30 minutes.
- Punch the dough down, section the dough based on how many taco shells you want. Roll out tacos (lengthwise) and cook it (halfway) over a skillet for 30 seconds on each side. Set aside
- In a pan sauté oil and green peas together, stir it.
- Add rice, green chutney, cumin and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add these green peas into the (boiled) mash potatoes and mix well. Season with salt and red chili.
- Create small patties and place them in a tray and refrigerate.
Coating & Breading:
- In a bowl mix the corn flour, flour, and water together to create a thick batter.
- In another large bowl/tray spread out the breadcrumbs
- Coat the potato kebabs in the cornflour mixture. Then place in bread crumbs and coat well.
- Shallow fry kebabs until golden-brown. Set aside
- Take the taco and place green chutney, potato patty, onion rings, and chili garlic/mayo sauce. Close the taco and grill with butter until crispy, serve immediately.
And we’re done! Looks quite delectable doesn’t it?
Let us know what you think of this desi taco recipe.