Ufone SMS to Email Service
We know that Ufone has this SMS to Email service which is very simply, and one way. Procedure is as following
Write an SMS:<Email Address>space<Email Body> and send it to 120, this SMS should not exceed 160 characters.
However, now Ufone is going to introduce a sophisticated and feature rich SMS to Email service, where a user will be able to send / read emails using SMS. its purpose is to facilitate and support both GPRS and non-GPRS users, enabling them to stay updated with their official or personal emails.
Users have the ability to register to the service through SMS or Ufone website. After registration, users will be required to configure via website up to three (3) different email accounts on a single Mobile connection.
Users shall be able to receive emails from all email addresses, however only one email address can be chosen as a default account to forward, reply to or send new emails. The following functionalities have been extended in SMS to Email Service.
- View emails
- Compose new emails
- Delete emails (Only from Ufone Inbox)
- Reply/Reply All to emails
- View attachments in emails
- Forward emails
Registration & Account Management:
There are two methods to register to SMS to Email Service
- User can SMS ‘SUB’ to a designated short code ‘437’
- User can sign up through the below web interface link http://220.127.116.11/sms2email/index.php
After registration users will have to setup their email accounts. These details will be shared by Ufone with the launch of the service.
Unsubscribing to Service:
Users can unsubscribe to service by simply sending ‘Unsub’ to 437. They will shortly receive the following SMS:
Each SMS sent by user shall be charged at Rs 0.50/- plus tax.
User will be charged Rs 1/- plus tax on daily basis for availing the service.
Regular GPRS charges shall apply for all GPRS access.
Every day at mid night user will be sent a SMS updating him of the number of emails n this inbox and will be charged Rs 1/- plus tax.
If user does not have sufficient credit in their account for deduction of daily charge, their account will be suspended for next 24hrs and an SMS will be pushed to him / her to inform him about insufficient balance.
For more information: http://www.ufone.com/mobpro_smsToEmail.aspx
- Ufone MyMail: Manage Your Email on Phone Via SMS
- Chat With Your IM Friends via SMS: Ufone
- Remotley Manage Your Computer and Mails with UFone UConnect
- Ufone Brings Awaz Email
- Get Facebook Updates on Your Mobile for Free
- Get Free SMS alerts for Incoming Emails – All Networks Supported
- Send Free SMS to Any Ufone Number from Gmail Chat