How to Block SIMs Registered Against Your CNIC
668, the new SIM verification system is in place for quite some time now. Many of us are worried of SIMs registered against our CNIC, that we never used at all.
Mobile companies are allowing cell phone customers to block those SIMs which were never purchased by them.
You can do this by following these steps
- Download form from here
- Get it printed
- Fill it yourself, other than mobile numbers that you want to get blocked (your respective service center will do this for you). Also leave the lower part of form.
- Attach 3 copies of CNIC
- And take them to concerned service center
And you are hopefully done.
- Take some time out, before going to Service Center, as there would be plenty of other people in there for same purpose. Expect 1 hour or even one and a half hour wait before you get through
- Please note that form downloaded from this page may not be acceptable at some service centers, as they may ask you to refill the form they will give.
- Please make sure that you are not heading towards Franchises, because franchises don’t block numbers, its only Service Center that can offer you with the service. However, those cities where service centers are not available, similar arrangements have been made by franchises to block SIMs.
Thanks to Bilal Naeem for sending us this information
- Don't Rely on 668, Visit Service Centers to Know Exact Number of SIMs Registered Against your CNIC
- What’s So Good about 668 Service? And why its Last Hope for Curbing Unregistered SIMs?
- PTA Removes CNIC Copy Condition for SIM Data Correction
- Rahman Malik Stands Down, Calls to Block Unidentified SIMs Only
- New SIM Rules: Future of Retailers is Yet to be Decided
- Security Measures Enhanced at Telco's Head Offices and Service Centers
- 51 % Complaints, Registered Online, Are Never Responded by Celcos