Roman Urdu is Most Used Language for Sending SMS: Survey
Urdu and Roman script is the most used language for sending SMS and some use more than one language, said a Gilani Research Foundation. According to survey also some copy and paste a message from any of the languages and use that in their SMS which they forward to other people.
A nationally representative sample of men and women from across the country were asked, “Usually which language do you use for sending SMS from your mobile phone.” Thirty seven percent said they send SMS in Urdu typed in English alphabet, 15 percent use Urdu typed in Urdu alphabet to send text messages whereas 17 percent said they type SMS in English.
Twenty nine percent do not send any SMS whereas two percent gave no response. The findings of the survey reveal that a proportionately higher percentage of urbanites, respondents under 30 years of age, and men send text messages in Urdu by using English alphabet from their cell phones, where as a significantly higher percentage of ruralites use Urdu alphabet to type Urdu SMS.
- PTA Issues SMS Based Perception Survey Results for Celcos
- Research Shows Pakistan Still has one of the Lowest Smartphone and Internet Users Percentage
- 60 % Pakistanis On Internet Believe in Online Love: Survey
- SMS Rates Play Decisive Role in Operator Selection for Customers: Polls Concluded
- Award Winning PTCL EVO is Rated as Poor by 58% Customers: Poll
- 62 % Subscribers think they will be Over Charged after Balance Inquiry Charges
- Survey Ranks Telenor as the Most Preferred Employer in Pakistan