First Pakistan-Made Cell Phone Within a Year
First Pakistan-made cell phone would be available in the market within a year, Secretary of the Ministry of Information Technology and Telecom Naguibullah Malik has said.
Talking to APP, he said: “Dialogue with China and British companies in this regard is underway and the first made-in-Pakistan mobile handset would be available in the market within a year.” To a question, he said the government was taking all possible measures to boost the IT sector. The secretary said the government was well aware of the problems being faced by the IT sector. “We will address all the problems of the IT sector,” he added.
Malik said for the promotion of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector, there was a need for reaching a consensus among the government, IT industry, Telcos and academia to devise effective strategies for the best utilisation of available opportunities. He said focus on the IT and Telecom education, research, entrepreneurship and local industries could boost the ICT sector.
- Ministry of IT and Telecom Becomes Secretary-less
- Shifting of BTS to Solar Energy – Deadline Nearing, Ministry is on Leave
- Open Forum on the Review of IT & Telecom Policies
- Abdur Rauf Chaudhry Deputed as Secretary IT
- World Telecom Day Celebrated in Pakistan
- Size of Pakistan’s ICT Industry Rises to $ 12 Billion
- TeleCON-2010 Concludes in Lahore