PTCL Union says Peaceful Protest is their Right
PTCL Union leaders Malik Maqbool, Hammad Qureshi and Rana Hasan said that the Workers Unions leaders and PTCL management are bound to hold talks on workers’ demands as per the Lahore High Court order.
Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has no right to impede the salaries of 26,000 workers, and they have full right of peaceful protest for their demands. Such Action of PTCL would be strongly condemned by the court.
The union leaders said it was startling that a senior officer was misguiding and deceiving the workers as well as the management. The Honorable Court has not issued any order for stopping the protest. During trial of this case the court had clearly said that protest is the right of PTCL employees. The court had directed all employees to be careful in their protest which should be peaceful so that there is no damage to government property.
They said that the court had clearly issued orders to PTCL management to hold dialogue with the Union leaders for solving the demands of employees. PTCL cannot stop the salary/bonus and issue show cause notices to employees.
It is surprising that the PTCL management is issuing warning to the employees at different offices in the country which is a clear case of contempt of court, they said. The leaders requested all employees to be united against the high-handedness of PTCL management which cannot demoralize the employees.
- Protesting Employees Won’t Get Salaries And Eid Bonus: PTCL Management
- PTCL Re-Launches VSS Scheme to Slash 50% Employees
- PTCL Organized HR Seminar for its Employees
- BZU Students / Officials to Get Discounted EVO Services
- PTCL Offers Unlimited Calls and Free Wi-Fi Modems
- PTCL Providing Medical Assistance in Flood Affected Areas
- PTCL Launches One-Year Paid Internship Program