Broadband Subscribers in Pakistan Cross 1 Million Mark
Pakistani Internet Service Providers crossed one million mark for broadband internet subscribers in the country by totaling 1.052 million broadband subscribers in October 2010, up from 994,911 subscribers in September 2010, according to the recent most data provided by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA).
DSL companies added the most subscribers for broadband and stood at 516,167 subscribers in October 2010, up from 488,946 in September 2010.
EvDO service providers added a total of 15,540 subscribers in one month, while WiMAX companies added a total of 14,066 subscribers in the month. Total number of WiMAX subscribers in the country has hit 306,665 mark, up from 292,599 a month ago.
DSL remains the top technology used for broadband internet in the country, while WiMAX stands seconds. EvDO is swiftly adding its share for the broadband subscribers.
HFC and FTTH remains the lowest adding subscribers technologies in the country. Check following graphs for more details:
- Broadband Subscribers Hit 1.40 Million Mark
- Broadband Subscribers in Pakistan Surpass 2.18 Million
- Broadband Subscribers in Pakistan Beat Half Mln Mark
- Broadband Users in Pakistan Tops 0.81 Million
- Cellular Subscribers Surpass 121.6 Million in Pakistan
- Update: Broadband Subscribers in Pakistan – Nov 2009
- Pakistan Ends November 2010 with 101.64 Million Cellular Subscribers