Babar Awan Becomes Minister-In charge for IT and Telecom
In a latest development today, Dr. Babar Awan was given the minister-ship of Telecom and It Ministry, told us sources in the IT ministry.
Dr. Babar Awan today visited the Ministry to take charge and to get familiar with the heads of Organizations under MoIT and staff, added our sources.
In addition to Minister-In charge of Telecom and IT Ministry, Dr. Awan will retain headship of law Ministry.
Ministry of IT and Telecom was minister-less since February 2011 when Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani, Prime Minister Pakistan had dissolved the federal cabinet.
Earlier, Sardar Assef Ahmed was made Minister for the MoITT in December 2010, however, he had to move out in February 2011 when federal cabinet was dissolved.
Appointment of Dr. Babar Awan is made at a time when ministry has remained back to back minister-less or secretary less for almost three years. His appointment is particularly important as USF is going to begin its operations after a halt of 11 months. Dispute between Chairman PTA and Member Finance of PTA is going to be riddle to solve for Dr. Awan.
- IT & Telecom Ministry is Seemingly Minister-less, Once Again
- Khosa Removed as IT and Telecom Minister
- Minister In-charge for IT & Telecom on His Way Out!
- Abdur Rauf Chaudhry Deputed as Secretary IT
- Sardar Aseff Ali Designated as IT and Telecom Minister
- Raja Pervaiz Ashraf Becomes Minister IT and Telecom
- Ministry of IT and Telecom Becomes Secretary-less