PTCL to Charge DSL Customers Rs. 5,000 Extra for Exceeding 300 GB Limit, Removes 50GB Limit
Last week PTCL implemented this new policy of charging its DSL broadband users an extra sum of Rs. 5,000 if they cross 300 GB of download limit in a given month, removing earlier limit of 50GB per month.
This means that DSL customers will now not be charged Rs. 1,000 for crossing 50GB, instead they will be charged Rs. 5,000 if they cross 300GB limit.
PTCL said it is notifying its customers by calling and emailing them.
Reportedly, this extra charge and 300GB cap is applied to 1MB, 2MB, 4MB, 6MB and 8MB DSL packages. 10MB, 20MB or 50MB packages will not come under this extra charge.
PTCL website writes:
For Quality Assurance Purposes and to provide uninterrupted service to all customers, Rs. 5,000 per month will be charged for greater than 300 GBs downloads. This is applicable on 1 Mbps to 8 Mbps DSL Connections
PTCL users, especially those who rely heavily on torrents, will now have to keep an eye on their download/upload meter to avoid extra charging, however, those usual DSL customers don’t need to worry.
It merits mentioning here that this Rs. 5,000 charge will be in addition to original charges of your DSL package.
It maybe recalled, in September last month, PTCL had imposed an extra charge of Rs. 1,000 for exceeding 50 GB limit, but with this new cap, 50GB can is not effective any further.
- PTCL to Charge DSL Customers Rs 1,000 Extra for Exceeding 50GB Limit
- PTCL is Forcefully Upgrading 2MB DSL to 4MB, to Charge Extra From Next Month
- PTCL Offers Free DSL Upgrade From 1Mbps to 2Mbps
- PTCL Offers Limited Time Free Upgrade from 2 MB to 4 MB Broadband
- PTCL Broadband: Tariff Increased, Monthly Data Limit Applied
- PTCL Announces Economy Broadband Package
- PTCL 1Mbps DSL Upgraded to 2Mbps for Free