Telenor Increases Charges for New and Replacement SIMs
Telenor Pakistan has announced that it is increasing rates for new and replacement SIMs.
A note published on Telenor website says that new SIM charges, which are increased by Rs. 100, will be applicable from December 11th, 2012.
After this increase in rates, a regular SIM, which was earlier charged at Rs. 100, will be sold at Rs. 200 now.
Here is the comparison of change in rates:
|Old Price||New Price|
|Premium SIM Pack (345)||PKR 300||PKR 400|
|Normal Prepaid SIM Price||PKR 200||PKR 300|
|Number Choice SIM||PKR 200||PKR 300|
|Value SIM Pack||PKR 100||PKR 200|
|Replacement SIM Price||PKR 60||PKR 100|
It is likely that Telenor may further increase new SIM and replacement charges in coming time, of course followed by other operators, once the biometric verification will be in place.
It maybe recalled that Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has directed all cellular operators to sell SIMs through their service centres and franchises only. Sale of SIMs on retailer shops has been banned. Authority further directed the operators to deploy biometric solutions (before Feb 28th, 2012) to verify thumb impressions of customers before issuing a new SIM.
- Warid and Telenor Implement Biometric Verification System
- No SIM to be Activated Without Biometric Verification After April 1st, 2014
- New SIM Rules: Future of Retailers is Yet to be Decided
- Exclusive: Mobile Companies Start Selling SIMs at Directly Contracted Retail Outlets
- PM Disapproves Sale of SIMs through Home Delivery, Ban on MNP Lifted [Updated]
- Kwick Demos Biometric Solution For Customer Identification to Cellular Companies
- Telcos Waiting for PTA Notification: No Sale of SIM, Re-Issuance of SIMs, MNP Today