PSEB says it can provide young entrepreneurs with some initial capital, office space, computers with internet connectivity, partial monthly expense, and two supervisors (one to look into technical things while other to guide you through business development).
PSEB is seeking enthusiasts in any of following combination:
- Teams of 1-5 people, “want to be” Entrepreneurs of the following type,
- Professionals who have already been in the industry 0-10 or more years
- Students in their 3rd year or 4th year who have a promising final year project or otherwise would like to work on a new idea
- Anyone who has a decent idea that can change the world or at least make a difference in the life of at least a few thousand other people
- Student teams lead by a professor
- Any weird combination of the above
What do you need to have?
- A lot of passion
- A half decent technology driven business idea that can at least change the life of a few thousand to a few million people, the more the better
- An idea that can get to a product or at least a working prototype (not smoke and mirrors) in 6 months or less
What will PSEB provide?
- Space to hang out, that is, office space with Internet connection, sever, desk, chair and a computer
- Some seed capital to buy a computer or other equipment
- Monthly stipend to cover food and transportation, rest is your sweat equity
- Adult Supervision, that is, two mentors assigned to each company, one technical, one business.
What are the criteria for selection?
- A promising idea that can get to a product or a working prototype in 6 months or less
- A software or software utility that is commercially viable
- A software or software utility that is aimed at ICT4D
- A software, microcontroller system or utility that can serve a commercial purpose or a national need
- A gadget, circuit or electro-mechanical device/contraption that is relevant to a few thousand to few million people (preferably driven by a microcontroller but not necessary).
How can you apply?
PSEB has arranged “pitch sessions” in Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi on following dates:
- Islamabad: April 30th at TieCon Islamabad to be held at the Convention Center.
- Karachi: May 3rd; venue to be announced later.
- Lahore: May 7th; venue to be announced later.
To apply for any of the pitch sessions, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following details:
- One page proposal outlining your idea, what problem it solves and why it is (or can be) relevant to at least a few thousand people.
- Include your name and a phone number to contact you and your university if you are currently a student.