KESC took this step, considering the fact that consumers are complaining about the bill delivery in time.
Moreover it has been observed that in response to recent load shedding, apart from protests, union miscreants are going wild by snatching bills from the bill distribution personnel and incidents where these bills were torn have also been reported.
Keeping in view the present scenario, KESC has developed five new methods for bill payment that will add to the customer ease and as per KESC these methods will be permanent so other customers with conventional bill payment methods can also opt in if they find it useful.
- First is to visit the utility’s official website, www.kesc.com.pk and enter the 13-digit account number to retrieve a duplicate copy of the current electricity bill which can be printed and can be presented at all banks for making payment. The banks have been taken into confidence about this measure and they have circulated the instruction to all branches for acceptance of duplicate bill.
- Second way is to directly go to the offices of NADRA, NIB Bank branches, Easy Paisa outlets, UBL Omni Banking and 1-Link ATMs, and present the 13 digit account number. These outlets would retrieve bill details and provide a payment receipt of the bill to the customer.
- Thirdly, the customers who do not receive their monthly bills, can telephone the KESC call centre 118 and follow the automated system to retrieve a duplicate copy of the bill. They can pay their bills through this duplicate.
- Fourth way is to email customer’s 13-digit number to the ID:[email protected]sc.com.pk after which they will receive an electronic copy of their bill which can be printed and presented to the bank for payment.
- Fifthly, the customers familiar with online payment can use their existing online banking services where most banks will provide bill details before allowing payments.