Ufone and Facebook are collaborating with each other to provide free Facebook access on mobile. As part of launch promotional offer with Facebook’s Java Application – 90 days free access is being provided by Ufone without any data charges.
Earlier Mobilink offered a similar service but it was available for text updates only i.e. loading pictures was not free.
Launch Promotional Offer:
Starting 1st August 2011 and extending for 90 days, use of Facebook Java application for free. On the 91st day from 1st August 2011, standard GPRS charging will apply on use of application. Promotion period will end on 29th October 2011.
Regular charging will proceed 30th October 2011 onwards. During the promotion period, all external links/applications will be excluded from free browsing i.e. applications added from the “Apps” tab in Facebook application will be charged as per selected GPRS plan.
Application can be downloaded from Facebook page on Ufone WAP Portal. From your handset please access the following link to download the application:
Once downloaded, the application will be installed automatically.
Though the application is supported by 2500+ handset however 800+ devices have been tested for compatibility with the Facebook Mobile application. Updated list of these devices can be found here: http://bit.ly/jaK2Y2
- There is no subscription charge on use of application.
- Standard GPRS charges apply on use of application as per selected plan.
- Application is available for use for both Prepaid and Postpaid subscribers
- Free 90 days GPRS access promotion period starts 1st August 2011 and will end on 29th October 2011.
- Free 90 days GPRS access promotion period is only available to Prepaid Subscribers on Volume Based GPRS packages including customers who have subscribed to GPRS Data Buckets.
- Free access is only valid for Facebook features in the application.
- All external links and/or applications installed in Facebook Application are excluded from this promo and will be charged.
- Prepaid Customers subscribed to Hourly Package and Postpaid Subscribers are also excluded from this promotion period.