Oppo has announced a new phone lying in the upper-midrange segment of the market, the R1C. Don’t write it off too soon though.
The design of the phone is also a key selling point. Just 6.85mm thin, it comes with a sapphire crystal back which is quite uncommon. The display measures 5″ in size, with 720p resolution (1280 x 720 pixels).
Underneath, you’ll get the new 64-bit 1.5 Ghz octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, alongside 2 GB worth RAM and 16 GB internal storage, expandable by 128 GB via microSD. The back boasts a 13 megapixel Sony shooter with f/2.0 aperture for low-light photography. There’s also a 5 mp selfie shooter at the front.
The OS running on this phone is the Android 4.4 KitKat, customized with Color OS. A 2,420 mAh battery brings it to life.
When available, the R1C will cost around $400, which is certainly not cheap.
Oppo R1C Specifications:
- CPU: Quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615
- OS: Android OS, v4.4.x (KitKat)
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Dimensions: 140.6 x 70.1 x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 130 g
- LTPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 5.0 inches, 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density)
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: microSD, up to 128 GB
- Primary: 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 5 MP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.1
- Battery: Li-Ion 2420 mAh battery
- Price/Release Date: Available, PKR 40,000 (estimate)