Oppo recently announced a new upper-range phone in its Android line-up, the U3. Rumors suggested that it would have 4X Optical Zoom but now that we’ve seen the official specs, that is not the case.
It has a 5.9″ display with 1080p Full HD resolution. The phone has quite a low carbon footprint and has an 8mm waistline. The company is also offering a Rabbit Tail case with fur at the bottom to improve grip.
Underneath, you get a 64-bit 1.7Ghz octa-core MediaTek 6752 processor with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage, which is also expandable. At the back is a 13 megapixel camera with Sony IMX214 sensor and LED Flash. It also houses a few software tricks including a 50 mp panorama. The 5 megapixel front-camera comes with a wide-angle lens.
The software running is Android 4.4.4 KitKat, customized by Oppo. The battery capacity is 3,000 mAh, and supports fast-charging, meaning it can reach 75% of its capacity in 30 minutes.
Pricing and availability details are unknown right now. Here are the specifications again:
- Chipset: 1.7Ghz octa-core MediaTek 6752
- OS: Customized Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Supported Networks: 2G/3G/4G LTE, dual-SIM
- Design: 156.8 x 81 x 8 mm
- 5.9″ display with 1080 x 1920 resolution
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: expandable by 32 GB
- Primary: 13 megapixelwith Sony IMX214 sensor, LED Flash and 1080p video
- Secondary: 5 megapixel wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, 4G, microUSB 2.0, dual-band Wi-Fi
- Battery: 3,000 mAh with fast-charging