3G Users Consume 910MBs of Data Per Month on Average, 2GBs per Month on 4G

Latest stats shared by Dr. Ismail Shah, Chairman Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, at a conference organized by GSMA yesterday revealed that average data consumed by a 3G user per month is 910MBs, while 4G consumers use an average data of around 2GB per month.

According to Dr. Shah, a total of 17,325 Terabytes of data passed through Pakistani mobile operators during August 2015, up from mere 2,578 TBs an year ago, showing over 500% increase in data consumption for Pakistani internet users.

3G data has particularly picked up during past few months and reached 13,689 TBs during August 2015, up from mere 691 TBs just an year ago.

Interestingly, 2G data trends also indicate positive growth hinting that internet usage on mobile phones — in areas where 3G and 4G networks are not available — is on the rise. This indicates that there’s a clear demand for more data in all sorts of areas across Pakistan.

4G data, however, hasn’t shown similar growth trends and reached 616 TBs even after one year of introduction of 4G services. Average 4G data consumed per user per month stood at 2GB in August 2015.

Dr. Shah said that 97% of 3G networks are used by data services while remaining 3% part is consumed by voice services, contrary to 87% of voice usage on 2G network and 13% data usage on 2G networks.

Not to be mentioned, data usage on mobile networks is growing enormously and these stats are from August 2015, which means current data usage stats would be way higher than mentioned above.

More interesting facts are presented for our readers in below infographic:

data_usage_Pakistan_infographic

Tech reporter with over 10 years of experience, founder of ProPakistani.PK


  • I am using Zong 4g dto of 2GB daily in 10 Rs. and consuming average 1.5 GB daily with blazing fast speed

    • Zong 4G Best Packege For Daily 2Gb Download User
      Mera Monthly Minimum 50Gb Istmal Ha
      Warid End 24 December Rawalpindi Islamabad Offer

  • Suggest me good package of 3g/4g of any network …i want to use 1gb daily for browsing,fb,whatsapp, and in addition to this 5gb per weak for downloading movies ..!!

    • use Zong daily bundle. in Rs. 10 from 4 am to 4 pm 2 GB 3G/LTE data. you can download movies and use social network apps during this time in just Rs. 10

        • 4 pm to 12 am is peak hours and no company provide this type of data volume bundles during these hours. if you want to download movies on 3g/lte you will only get day time offers

  • agr banda torrent movies download na karay to 2 GB boht hota he pooray month k liye…. hamari qom ko movies k ilawa kuch aata hi nahi…

    • Bro i use Facebook and by only watching funny videos my data counter show 800mb usage per day (AVG)…so 2gb may b enough for 2 days …!!

      • it seems you do not have anything else (constructive) to do than watching Facebook videos. Indeed, a validation of my earlier point.

  • Pakistanis should thank to competition for cheap internet.. else in UAE.. it is sky rocketing with limited data bundles… paying 1200/- for 1GB social media and 100 MB other data… what a shit… :p

  • There’s a HUGE potential here, provided cellular network providers find and provide a good balance b/w price and data limits

  • 2GB package? LOL, PTCL still on ground and winning even witgh worst services and high bills but compare to telecom companies PTCL is far more cheap.


  • >