Have you ever wondered why famous YouTube personalities treat their channels as a full-time job? Well, the answer is simple! It’s because they earn handsome amount of money from their YouTube Channels.
Recently, New York Times did a profile on Olga Kay, a famous YouTuber, and revealed she has been earning $100,000 – $130,000 from her YouTube Channel per year ( thats $8.3k – 10.8k per month) for last three years.
In the same way, many Pakistani social media celebrities (and even media channels) put their videos online on YouTube. Thanks to YouTube monetization, these YouTubers and TV channels make money when people watch their videos. This serves as a nice revenue stream for them.
Does that not sound intriguing?
In fact, even you can to earn money online by uploading videos on YouTube and bringing traffic to your YouTube channel. And here’s a guide to get you started.
How to Earn Online via YouTube
Here are simple rules:
- Make a YouTube Channel
- Make videos and upload to YouTube that will gather attention (read: viewers)
- You are going to make money (some pennies) for each video view (on average a dollar or two per 1,000 video views).
YouTube provides opportunity for content producers to make money and to do that all you have to do is appeal to the viewers.
A Complete Guide on How to Make Money on Youtube
Below are few steps you need to make to start earning money from YouTube.
Step 1: Create a YouTube Channel
- Sign into your YouTube Account (your Google account can be used for that)
- Create a channel
Step 2: Enable Your Channel for Monetization
- Sign into your YouTube account.
- Select your account information from top right and select Creator Studio.
- From left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Enable Monetization (Note: The option won’t be available if the account is disable for monetization).
- Accept the agreement.
If somehow you are unable to enable Monetization for your channel then there could be several reasons. Some of them are mention here: Monetization Is Disabled For My YouTube Channel
Step 3: Connect Your Channel To AdSense
After enabling monetization for your YouTube Channel, you need to associate an approved AdSense account with your YouTube account.
YouTube Analytics is used to keep track of the earning, which will only be paid if you comply with the YouTube payment threshold.
Learn more about how to Get Paid By Linking AdSense to your YouTube Account
Step 4: Review Video Criteria and Ad Formats
For you to get paid, it is an absolute necessity to meet two criteria:
- Video Monetization Criteria
- Videos should be user friendly.
- The content should be your own to be promoted commercially.
- Copyrighted videos, or those that you copy from internet won’t work her
- You are able to provide documentation for the video and audio content used in videos.
- Video should comply with Terms of Service and Community Guidelines which can be found here.
- YouTube Advertising Formats
- Once monetized videos are enabled, several ads (see below for more information on type of ads) may appear next to your video.
Step 5: Monetize Videos with Ads
You are fully set up for the monetized videos with your AdSense account. You can now enable eligible videos to earn money from relevant ads.
You can follow the follow steps to monetize one or more videos:
- For one video only: Follow these steps.
- For more than one video: Follow these instructions to monetize them.
Additional tips to earn money from YouTube can be found here.
What is CPM, RPM and eCPM?
If you are serious about earning money from YouTube then you need to not only know these terms but also understand what they imply.
- CPM is cost of a thousand ad impressions for the advertiser to pay when their ad is showcased.
- Time, gender, content and factors like these affect CPM.
- CPM varies from .50 cents to over $10 per thousand impressions.
- It is seasonal, implying, CPM moves upward in holidays i.e. Christmas, Eid.
- English native countries have better CPM than rest.
RPM and eCPM:
- RPM is revenue per thousand views.
- YouTube takes their 45% cut of ad revenue generated by the channel from total RPM.
- RPM and eCPM are similar.
- eCPM = Earnings ÷ Monetized playbacks × 1000
- To properly understand earning, YouTube analytics is the best way to go.
Here is a video to guide you through how to increase your CPM for YouTube.
Do’s and Don’t of Earning from YouTube
- Make vidoes that may perform better, i.e. that are likely to be searched more
- Make videos that are interesting and may make users to watch them completely
- Make videos that are engaging, i.e. should be able to fetch comments, likes
- Compel users to subscribe to your channel
- Name your videos well, similarly add descriptions and tags appropriately so that your videos are indexed and are shown in search results
- Make a lot of videos, don’t give up on making videos.
- Market your videos to all possible channels (Facebook, Twitter)
- Most important: Don’t copy paste Videos on YouTube. You will be caught (automatically) for any copyright violations and your may face account suspension soon
- Don’t make explicit videos or those that are not allowed by YouTube TOS
Types of Videos you can Make:
As mentioned above, your videos have to be interesting. And they must grab attention of your viewers. Here are some type of videos that you can experiment with:
- Images with voice over: Interesting facts, commentary on news items, opinions, or anything voiced over related images can make a good videoO
- Lists: Lists of anything, such as “10 best catches of all times”, “10 dangerous roads turns in the world” and so on. These videos could be voiced over or text-over images
- Tutorials: How to do’s of various things
- Reviews: Reviews of things that we use in daily life, such as review of Uber, Review of Zong 4G, Review of PIA Lahore to Karachi flight and so on
- Time lapse videos: They are loved by everyone.
So essentially, if you got video making skills, shot anything that could grab views and upload it to YouTube and that’s it.
Not to mention, it may take some time — up to few months — to get your first dollar. However, once you have good fan following, you can potentially make few thousand dollars a month.
An auto and football enthusiast, you can contact Syed Zarar at [email protected] For more discussions, contact him on Facebook (fb.com/TacticallyInept). He tweets at: @TacticallyInept.
Aap ko ais par b likhna chaya kay jo loog dosro ko galat talkeen kartay hay k aap aysay aysay youtube channel banae aur aun say paysay laytay hay training course sale kartay hay jis may kuch b nahe batattay aur wo log esay zareya maash samaj kay ais par mahnat kartay rahtay hay, aap kay articals loog partay hayn aun ko ais baray may be bataye
Yes I agree with you. They need to post articles about those guys who doing these things.
how to create adsense account, pls help
خیال رہے کے دوسروں کے ویڈیوز بغیر اجازت لگانا چوری ہے۔ اور چوری کی کماہی حرام ہے۔
کیا گیان دیا ہے آپ نے آپ یو ٹیوب پر پاکستانیوں کے کارنامے تو دیکھے سر شرم سے جھگ جائے گا جیسے”یہ نسخہ سے ساری رات چیخیں نکلوائے” “مغلیا دور کا جنسی نسخہ ” ایسی ایسی گٹیھا وڈیو آتی ہے دل کرتا ہے پاکستانیون کو نیٹ دینا ہی نہیں چاہیے انہیں ضیاء اور طالبان ہی ان کے لئے ٹھیک ہے۔
Well said. These fake “hakeem ji” are really polluting the image of Pakistani nation. YouTube is full of these fraudsters videos. They only post such videos to make few bucks.
میں یوٹیوب پاکستان سے لاتعلقی کا اظہار کرچکا ہوں ?
آئن اسٹائن کی قول کا مفہوم: جب دنیا اٹم بم سے تباہ ہو گی قصور ان لوگوں کا نہیں ہو گا جنہیوں نے اسے چلایا بلکہ سب سے زیادہ ان کا ہو گا جو چپ رہے۔۔۔۔۔ خاموشی بھی نیم رضا مندی ہوتی مجھے خوشی ہے مجھے رپلائی میں کا فی ہنٹ مل گئے ہے جس سے میں کم از کم اپنی طرف سے کوشش کروں گا کہ گندگی کم ہو۔۔۔۔۔
To iska matlab mere tarah aap bhi on videos se tang achuke ho. To pher jab bhi aisi video mele to osko report kia karo. Soon their Ad-sense account will be suspended and they will stop their stupid work or they will slow down their work. :)
Aisay videos ko down vote dena na bolain
Can’t be done legally in Pakistan.
Yes it can be done, as YouTube has now launched monetization feature in Pakistan as well…
bhai Youtube ne ye feature Pakistan mae launch nahi kya. Mera channel hai or Monetization nahi ho rahi kyon keh Paksitan mae hai is liye, so kindly not forward this joke
Apka channel hai, islie nai hori :3 Meray 4-5 channels hain and sab par hai on.
kindly contact me 03211127978
Plus, ab 10,000 views k bad hi hoti on monetization. Meray old hain, is policy se pehlay k. You gotta attract 10k views before you are even eligible for monetization.
Very well explanation and I have only 3 videos in my channel and there is 800+ subscribers but I have never done anything on my channel from past several months but your article encouraged me to post new videos now. Thanks buddy.
Good idea but what are costs of the company providing the services to launch you the You Tube.
i have many self created videos on my youtube channel and have enabled monetized since the day it was enabled for Pakistan so far i have earned only 0.73 USD
The main reason for less revenue is most of viewers used ad blocker which also blocks adds
Main reason is, you don’t have enough subscribers yet. Increase your audience first and then think about making money off of your videos…
yaar ap he subscribe karlo https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEDn59LNdcpQR0HJa9Ma-kA
aphe subscribe karlo
You can PM me your channel’s link on Facebook. (ID is mentioned in the article…)
Upload regularly, mate! 1 video per week isn’t enough. And I suppose you’re also NOT sharing these videos on your social profiles…
@Ashraf88:disqus can u both guys help me out to make an AdSense account? as paypal is not available in pakistan.
Thanks for the informative article.
I’ve applied for AdSense account for quite some time, a few months or so, but it gives the below error:
Account Not Active
An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as your application is currently in review. Within a week of your application date, we’ll review your application and follow-up with you via email. Once you are approved to join AdSense, you’ll be able to log in to your account and get started.
What could be the issue? I’m trying to associate it with my youtube channel, which has a few thousand views in total.
You better contact me on Facebook… Can’t fix the issue here in comments…
nice but youtube need to create office in pk and hire ppl and end videos like “Tariq jameel about katrina kaif”,”larkiyan brazzer kiyon nahi pehenti” seriously yeh log awam ko chutiya bana rahy hai… open youtube click trending you will see it…
How do they send the check? Or is it done through some other ways of payment?? Do we have to give our address ?
You get the money through Western Union banks…
How ? any option in adsense
You’ll know what to do when you’re at that stage.
Please explain how to get payment on legal way.
What’s the illegal way you’re using right now? Just curious!
No way for now but Planing to get income
No i dont have any way .adsense is active
What if 1,000 people watch a video and no one click any ad. Will it make any difference?
When an ad is displayed at viewer’s device, it is said an Impression. So CPM charges will be applicable here. And obviously, if someone views the video but the ad is not displayed (e.g. due to an adblocker) then it will not count as an Impression.
RPM charges are applied when the ad is viewed (clicked on) which are greater than CPM charges.
Hmmm. Ok, Thanks
you shoud include images also
Agar games khailtay howay games ki recording YT per upload ki jaye tou videos per ads milan gaye?
Absolutely! Check other YouTubers doing the same thing. (CarryMinati, IndianGamer) Both are Indians as I don’t remember any Pakistani channel with similar content…
Definitely! you just have to upload quality contents that may consist gaming review, gaming blog, gameplay or anything related to games. Pakistanis are also struggling in gaming videos but their work is not highlighted much. For example if you see https://www.youtube.com/user/faraniqbal1 it consists many gameplay videos of old games. Same goes for this one https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCixZZbBKQFlllsKLxtieuig
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Now days, people are selling their training materials where as i am working on these kind of activities and i believe that we can educate our youth rather than making them fool.
Once again, your efforts are appreciated.
Well thanks for providing some useful information about Youtube, hope this remarkable guide help out individuals a lot.
Thanks for fantastic share :)
Tell about those ppl who put fraudulent titles just to get ‘view’. I read a title ‘….19 Octor 2016’ when the program was not even broadcasted on television! You can easily find such fake title claimin a given episode number; the video shows some other episode number. For example: ‘Bulbulay 3 Oct 2016’ or ‘Bulbulay episode 420’ and video show it was episode 363!
Use a service called SocialBlade to estimate earnings.
GUYS DO NOT GET CARRIED AWAY
There are many stories you can find online about Youtube stars who work at restaurants because Youtube earnings are NOT ENOUGH for paying their rent or fees.
Just google these words:
youtube stars don’t make money
And you will see news articles like
Get rich or die vlogging: The sad economics of internet fame – Fusion
Why YouTube Stars Don’t Make Much Money – The Cheat Sheet
Pewdiepie, Jenna Marbles earn millions, other YouTube stars are broke
Why You Probably Won’t Get Rich & Famous on YouTube
Someone posted this in April and IN THEORY it can work for you like it but remember, your target market (Urdu speaking most likely) is very smaller than English speaking. The person wrote
Generally, on YouTube you make around $1.5 – $4/1,000 views. When you hit 1,000,000 subscribers, at least 10% will go immediately to check out your new uploads. If the topic is a trending one (such as tech reviews), then even more than 30-40% can go check your videos. What’s even more interesting, the more viewers you have, the higher the videos will rank and so you get more exposure, more views, new subscribers, and thus, more money. YouTube pays from their ads and to receive payment you will need a Google AdSense account, too. Assuming that 10% of your subscribers check out your videos and assuming that you earn $2/1,000 views, a channel with 1,000,000 subscribers should earn ~ $200/new video.
Informative Article . I have my own channel on youtube, now i can earn money from youtube
Brother sirf yeh pochna tha k jo channel different talk shows k clips aur drama k scenes k clip aur holly ya bollywood movie scene cut kr k upload kr dety hain to is it ok i.e is it allowed and do they get paid through ads? because i wanted to do the same.. Thanks in advance
hi .Can anyone please help me with this that when did youtube start paying ?is it must to have 10,000 views ? :/