Adobe’s global competition for creative students around the world, the Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA), is open for applications. And you can apply to win a trip to Las Vegas, mentorship, the full Adobe Max Experience, and more.
What is ADAA?
The Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA) is a global digital media competition for student creators. Connected to industry professionals, academic leaders, and top brands, this competition wants to encourage and launch the next generation of student careers.
The competition is free to enter and there are a lot of prizes and perks on offer. Not just the winners, but the participants too will get a chance at mentorship, detailed feedback, career bootcamps and internships.
“The winners will be rewarded with a trip to Las Vegas to attend Adobe MAX 2017.”
ADAA has a total of 14 categories divided into three segments:
- Fine Art — Photography, Graphic Design / Print, Illustration, Animation / Motion Graphics, Video Editing / Post-Production
- Commercial — Photography, Print / Graphic / Illustration, Video Editing / Post-Production, Animation / Motion Graphics, Packaging Design, Web / App / Game Design
- Social Impact — Photography / Print / Illustration / Graphic, Video Editing / Post-Production / Animation / Motion Graphics, Web / App / Game Design
How can I participate?
You need to be over the age of 18 and a student enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education to be eligible for the program. You also need to have used Adobe tools for the creation of the entry you want to submit.
Note: If you’ve recently graduated, or you’re currently a student graduating in spring 2017, you’re still eligible to enter the 2017 ADAA as long as you’re entering work made while you were a student, and not before May 1, 2016.
Here’s what you need to do to participate:
- Create a profile with your Adobe ID by going to the competition’s website.
- Upload your work on Behance.
- That’s it.
You can also connect to the ADAA community and sign up for events and mentorship once you have submitted your project. You can submit up to three unique entries in each competition category.
- Project originality and creative excellence.
- Effectiveness in meeting a communication objective.
- Demonstrating skills in applying Adobe products towards these ends.
The deadline for early bird submission is 2nd May. You can read the full FAQ or learn more about the competition by going to their website.
There are already a handful of competition entries by Pakistanis, some of which we have attached below.