Gajar Ka Halwa is a delicious carrot dessert that is loved and enjoyed by Pakistanis all over the globe.
Besides, what’s better than a cool breezy winter night, accompanied by a bowl of Gajar Ka halwa?
Try this super simple recipe, and enjoy this winter to the fullest!
- 6 carrots (grated)
- 2 to 3 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 cup milk powder or milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tbsp green cardamom
- 1/2 cup khoya
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped cashews
- Grate carrots and set aside
- Heat clarified butter in a medium-sized saucepan
- Add carrots to clarified butter, and cook until carrots are dehydrated, for about 8-10 minutes over high heat
- Add milk and cook for additional 5 minutes (Note: If using powdered milk cook for 2-3 minutes)
- Add the sugar and green cardamom powder and mix well
- Lastly, add khoya, raisins and nuts, cashews stir well and cook for 3-5 minutes (Note: you can also use more nuts as per your desire!)
Please leave your valuable feedback in the comments section below.