Summer season is around the corner and Punjab Government has announced the holidays’ schedule to make it more exciting.
Mark your calendars as Punjab Education Department has circulated a schedule announcing the public holidays for the year 2018.
Apart from the summer and winter vacations, Punjab will observe a total of 14 public holidays. It means that on these 14 days, there will be no school or office. Christians in the country will enjoy an extra day off, that will be the day after Christmas in December.
Here is how the public holidays have been scheduled by Punjab Government;
- Kashmir Day: 05th February 2018. Its gone so no need to be excited about it.
- Pakistan Day: 23rd March 2018.
- Labor Day: 1st May 2018.
- Eid-ul-Fitr: 16th, 17th and 18th June (depending upon the appearance of the moon.)
- Independence Day: 14th August 2018.
- Eid-ul-Azha: 22nd, 23rd and 24th August 2018 (depending upon appearance of the moon.)
- Aashura: 21st and 22nd September 2018 (depending upon the appearance of the moon.)
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: 21st November (depending upon the appearance of the moon.)
- Christmas/Quaid-e-Azam Day: 25th December 2018.
- Day After Christmas: 26th December 2018 (for Christians only.)
Take a look at the official notification from the government of Punjab.
Summer and Winter Vacations for Schools
For Hilly Areas: Hilly areas will observe short summer break from 16th July 2018 to 29th July 2018. These areas will have a long winter break starting from 20th December and ending on 4th March 2018.
For Plain Areas: These areas will enjoy a long summer break from 1st June to 14th August 2018. They will also have a short winter break from 24th December to 31st December 2018.