Amazon CEO and co-founder Jeff Bezos has overtaken Bill Gates as the world’s richest man. Alongside this, Bezos has become the only billionaire with a net worth of over $100 billion.
This year, there’s a huge gap between the top two richest individuals in the world. Jeff Bezos’ net worth stands at a staggering $112 billion while Bill Gates’ holds $90 billion in his accounts.
Bezos’ net worth increased by $39 billion from last year, thanks to a 59% increase in Amazon’s shares. This is the highest ever increase Forbes has recorded over the course of one year.
Top 10 Billionaires
Here is how the top ten billionaires in the world rank;
1. Jeff Bezos, Amazon (United States) — $112 Billion
2. Bill Gates, Microsoft (United States) — $90 Billion
3. Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway (United States) — $84 Billion
4. Bernard Arnault, LVMH (France) — $72 Billion
5. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook (United States) — $71 Billion
6. Amancio Ortega, Zara (Spain) — $70 Billion
7. Carlos Slim Helu, telecom (Mexico) — $67.1 Billion
8. Charles Koch, Koch Industries (United States) — $60 Billion
8. David Koch, Koch Industries (United States) — $60 Billion
10. Larry Ellison, software (United States) — $58.5 Billion
The United States of America has most billionaires in the world – standing at 585.
China comes in second after the USA as 373 billionaires on Forbes list hail from China.
Downfall for Some?
Donald Trump’s net worth dropped by $400 million last year, Forbes said. The downfall is mainly due to costly lawsuits, tough real estate market and money spent on political campaigns. Trump’s net worth now stands at $3.1 billion which makes Trump 766th richest man in the world.
121 people and all 10 Saudis on Forbes billionaires list crashed due to several reasons. As of now, there are 2,208 billionaires in the world with a cumulative net worth of $9.1 trillion.
Pakistani-American Shahid Khan is also included in Forbes’ billionaires’ list. The owner of English football club Fulham has a net worth of $7.2 billion making him the 217th richest man in the world. His main source of billions is his auto parts business that he acquired back in 1980. Shahid’s company has over 24,000 employees and 62 plants worldwide.