The Pakistan Super League (PSL) has finally come to a close after Islamabad United lifted the PSL trophy for the second time in three years.
This year’s PSL saw a number of new local stars emerging and helping their respective teams to victory. Similarly, a number of records were also broken and new ones were made during this period.
Follow PSL 2019 Coverage
Misbah-ul-Haq has become the most successful PSL captain of all-time (62.5% win-rate)
Following Misbah is Sarfraz (60.71%), Afridi (60%) and then Imad Wasim (57.14%).
Muhammad Sami has equaled Muhammad Nawaz’s record of most MoM awards (4 times)
Kamran Akmal — Peshawar Zalmi’s X-Factor
- Fastest 50 of PSL (off 17 balls)
- Previous record: Luke Ronchi (17 balls)
- Most sixes in PSL history (49 sixes)
- Previous record: Shane Watson (43 sixes)
- Becomes only player to score 2 centuries in PSL history.
- Joint highest sixes in an innings against Karachi Kings (8 sixes)
- Others include Kevin Pietersen, Umar Akmal & Sharjeel Khan
- First wicketkeeper-batsman to score 4 hundreds in T20s
- Previous record: Quinton de Kock & Adam Gilchrist (3 each)
Junaid Khan became 14th Pakistani bowler with a hat-trick in T20s
Shahid Afridi — National Hero
- Bowled 4th maiden over in PSL career, most by any bowler in the tournament.
- First Pakistani to take 300 wickets in T20 cricket, 4th overall.
- Had best economy-rate (6.20) in death overs for Karachi Kings in PSL 2018.
- For the first time took 3 wickets vs Lahore Qalandars
Umar Akmal became only the third Pakistani to complete 5,000 runs in T20s
Kamran Akmal, Babar Azam and Luke Ronchi are now the only players to have crossed 400-runs mark in a single season of PSL
During PSL 3, Shane Watson reached the 200 wickets milestone in T20s
Irfan Jr. bowled the most expensive over of PSL history vs. Peshawar Zalmi (28 runs)
The previous record was held by Shaun Tait and Irfan Jr. himself (26 runs each).
This was the first time ever Lahore Qalandars won 3 back to back matches in the PSL
Lahore Qalandars also became the first team to lose 7 consecutive matches in PSL history.
Quetta Gladiators now hold the biggest margin victory in PSL history
The victory was against Karachi Kings by a margin of 67 runs.
Quetta Gladiators’ chased the highest total without having any player scoring over 30 runs
Quetta chased 153-runs where Rilee Rossouw was their highest scorer with 27 runs.
Umar Gul managed best bowling figures in PSL 2018
Gul managed 6 for 24 for Multan Sultans. However, these figures are third best for a bowler whose side had lost after Aftab Ahmed’s 6 for 22 and Adam Zampa’s 6 for 19
Darren Sammy managed the second best strike-rate in 16 to 20 overs in PSL
Zalmi captain has a strike-rate of 196.61 in 16 to 20 overs. The highest belongs to Umar Akmal (219.48)
Anwar Ali has now conceded 30 sixes in PSL, the most by any bowler
Lahore Qalandars now have the 2nd worst winning percentage in a major T20 league
After Antigua Hawksbills (18.75%), Lahore have the worst winning percentage. Following them is Pune Warriors with 26.66% success rate.
Brendon McCullum’s batting average in the PSL is only 13.66, his lowest in any T20 league