Sana Mir, Pakistani female cricket team’s former captain just hit the top 5 in International Cricket Council’s (ICC) ODI bowlers rankings. She has received 620 points and is now the fourth best ODI bowler in international women’s cricket.
The previous spot holder, India’s Jhulan Goswami is now behind Sania Mirza and now sits at the fifth rank with a rating of 609. The first spot is held by Australia’s Jess Jonassen who has 676 points to her name. Second spot belongs to another Australian, Megan Schutt and South Africa’s Marizanne Kapp holds the third position.
— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) April 16, 2018
Sana Mir is a veteran cricketer who has played 108 ODIs in her career and became the first female Pakistani cricketer to hit the 100 ODI mark. She recently played an important role in boosting her team to victory against Sri Lanka.
Other Pakistani entries in the top female bowlers list include,
- Sadia Yousuf at 23rd with 484 points.
- Nashra Sandhu at 36th with 402 points.
- Nida Dar at 41th with 366 points.
- Current captain Bismah Maroof at 58th with 296 points.
- Asmavia Iqbal at 60th with 294 points.
- Diana Baig at 72nd with 227 points.
- Aiman Anwer at 79th with 195 points.
- Javeria Khan at 88th with 150 points.
- Ghulam Fatima at 92nd with 131 points.
Sana Mir, who made her debut in 2005, was replaced by Bisma Maroof as captain after the team’s poor performance in a tournament.