Facebook is the world’s largest social media platform and a great way to spend some quality time connecting with friends and family while keeping them posted with statuses and updates. While there are a plethora of advantages of using Facebook, there are a number of downsides as well.
Many of us try to deactivate our social media profiles especially Facebook during our exams however, we’re still intrigued to check new status updates from our friends. What happens is we log in again and waste quite a significant amount of time scrolling through Facebook while doing nothing productive.
Another very shocking scandal that hit Facebook was the privacy of the user’s data and it did not go well for the social media giant. It has also started a worldwide campaign titled ‘Delete Facebook’ in a bid to protest against the breach of data protection by persuading the Facebook users to delete their accounts.
ProPakistani team has compiled a step-by-step guide on how to delete your Facebook account.
How to Delete Facebook Account
Before deleting your account permanently, you are advised to download a copy of your data on Facebook.
- You can do this by going to Settings
- Click ‘Download a copy’ of your Facebook data
- You can choose the range of data to be downloaded, data format (HTML, JSON), media quality (low, high, medium), your information and information about you by clicking ‘Create File’
- Once the data file is ready, you will receive a notification saying that your file is ready to download, which you can download from Available Files
Now that you have all of your data that you directly or indirectly submitted to Facebook or the platform collected it from you in one way or the other, you can delete your account. Follow these steps.
- Follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- Click ‘Delete Account’
Once you have clicked the ‘Delete My Account’ button, your account will be deactivated. The account deletion process starts within 14 days of deletion request. Within these 14 days, you can cancel deletion if you change your mind.
It may take up to 90 days to completely remove all of your data from Facebook, however, your friends won’t be able to see your posts, photos or profile. Note that there are some things which won’t be deleted i.e. your conversation with someone.