The sun of 2018 will beam its last today. To welcome the new sun, the new beginning, the New Year, many people will come out on roads in celebration tonight.
But in this day and age, more people gathered on road means higher security concerns. In order to ensure security and avoid any kind of accident, authorities of the big cities have rolled out traffic and security plans. Here are the details of these plans.
Traffic Plan for Karachi
With Karachi’s lively spirit and dribbling sea waves on the sand, there is no need to say the roads are going to be choked. In order to avoid that, Karachi’s traffic police have rolled out the traffic plan, advising the citizens to take alternative routes on the eve to evade the rush aiming for the Sea View.
Furthermore, there will be no heavy traffic entry in the metropolis after 6 pm. Parking shall remain closed at Shara-e-Faisal, M.T. Khan Road, Abdullah Haroon Road, and all other main roads of Karachi.
Also, much to the dismay of revelers, police will take action against motorcycles and cars having broken or no silencers.
Here is the diversion plan released by the DUG Traffic Karachi for the New Year night.
- All the traffic coming from Akhtar Colony via Express Way and Korangi shall be diverted towards main Korangi Road, Sharea Faisal, Regent Chowk, Club Chowk, Hoshing Chowk, Teen Talwar, left turn Race Course Signal, Ch Khaleeq uz Zaman Rd, Gizri Bridge, Saudia Signal, right turn Khayaban-e-Shamsheer, McDonald’s left Sea View, Village Restaurant, left turn Khayaban-e-Ittehad to their destination. Or Saudia Signal to Khayaban-e-Hafiz to Ittehad to their destination.
- As for the traffic coming from Gulberg, Nazimabad, Liaquatabad, New Karachi, and Gulshan, people will have to use M.A. Jinnah Road, Garden Road, Zaib un Nisa Street, Avari Signal, Sindh Club Chowk, Hoshing Chowk, Teen Talwar, left turn Race Course Signal, Ch Khaleequz Zaman Rd, Gizri Bridge, Saudia Signal, right turn Khayaban-e-Shamsheer, McDonald’s left Sea View, Village Restaurant, left turn Khayaban-e-Ittehad to reach destination. Or Saudia Signal to Khayaban-e-Hafiz to Ittehad to their destination.
- Similarly, traffic coming from Bin Qasim, Gadap, Landhi, Shah Faisal, Korangi, Jamshed Town and Saddar will go towards Sharea Faisal, Sindh Club Chowk, Hoshing Chowk, Teen Talwar, left turn Race Course Signal, Ch Khaleequz Zaman Rd, Gizri Bridge, Saudia Signal, right turn Khayaban-e-Shamsheer, McDonald’s left Sea View, Village Restaurant, left turn Khayaban-e-Ittehad to their destination. Or Saudia Signal to Khayaban-e-Hafiz to Ittehad to their destination. Or Club Chowk to Fawara Chowk, Deen Muhammad Wafai Road, Shaheen Complex to I.I. Chundrigar Road, etc.
- Traffic from Jinnah Bridge will go to Mai Kolachi Road, Boat Basin, Khayaban-e-Jami, Punjab Colony, Sunset Boulevard Signal, Korangi Road to their destination. Or Boat Basin, Bilawal Chowrangi, Ali Baba Chowrangi, Hyper Star, McDonald’s left Sea View, Village Restaurant, left turn Khayaban-e-Ittehad to their destination.
- Moreover, there will be no traffic from PIDC Chowk to Ziauddin Bridge towards Lilly Bridge, PIDC Chowk to Club (Club Road), Bilawal Chowrangi to Bahria Underpass, Teen Talwar to Doh Talwar.
Heavy traffic coming from Mauripur Road will not be allowed to go towards Mai Kolachi Road. It will be moved instead from Jinnah Bridge to reach their destination by Hub River Road and Sharea Pakistan.
However, small traffic will be allowed to move from Jinnah Bridge towards M.T. Khan Road, PIDC, Shaheen Chowk, and onward Sharea Faisal.
In need of help, you can contact the Traffic Police Helpline-1915.
Traffic Plan for Lahore
A city traffic police department official has told that strict directions have been given to the traffic officers to ascertain the smooth flow of traffic on the roads. According to the official, over 1200 traffic wardens, including special squads on heavy bikes, will control the traffic and take action against the troublemakers.
Moreover, over 10,000 police personnel will be deployed across the provincial capital to maintain the law and order situation on the New Year eve.
The city policy shall enforce a complete ban on one-wheeling, aerial firing, and fireworks. Any violator will be arrested immediately.
Dolphin Squads and the Police Response units will scan and monitor the routes closely while patrolling the crucial roads adjacent to parks, malls, and recreational sites.
Traffic Plan for Rawalpindi
As is the case with Lahore and Karachi, one wheeling is strictly prohibited in Rawalpindi. The authorities have also banned loud music on the eve. Moreover, no person can carry weapons during the night.
As for the security arrangements, about 4,000 armed police personnel shall be deployed tonight. Furthermore, special enforcement shall surround the churches and public places.
Well-equipped police officials in plain clothes will also patrol the roads surrounding churches and public places. The police will also undertake detailed checking of the hotels.
Needless to say, strict action will be taken against the violators.
Via: The News