Kamyab Jawan program aims at integrating the youth and gainful opportunities into national development policies and processes.
Under the scheme, unemployed youth, especially women, can get soft loans with lenient conditions to start their own businesses. According to an estimate, one million people will directly benefit from the program, which bodes well not just for the youth, but for the country as well.
Once you submit an application for the Kamyab Jawan loan, the processing time is 30 days. Before that, let’s have a look at the eligibility criteria for the scheme.
- Only resident Pakistanis, aged between 21 and 45 can apply for the program.
- The age is relaxable to 18 years in case of IT or e-commerce related businesses.
- No minimum educational qualification is required to avail the loan, however, applicants applying for businesses requiring certain qualification i.e. diploma, certification or degree will have to present those qualifications.
- A minimum of 25% of loans is reserved for women.
- Private sector employees can also apply for loans.
- Entrepreneurs with existing startups and micro/small businesses can also apply.
- Multiple members of a family can also benefit from this opportunity.
- A person is only allowed one loan.
- A guarantor cannot apply for a loan himself.
- The applicant’s husband/wife/father/brother/son/daughter/son-in-law/daughter-in-law/father-in-law/mother-in-law cannot be his/her guarantor for the loan.
- A person can give the guarantee for one loan/applicant only.
What are your thoughts on the eligibility criteria for Kamyab Jawan? Let us know in the comment section.