Man Dies After a Phone Explodes During Charging

A man in India has died after his smartphone exploded next to him.

As per Indian media reports, the incident occurred in Jagatsingpur district in Odisha on Monday.

According to the police, the deceased, identified as ‘Kuna Pradhan’, left his phone to charge overnight and it exploded around 5 am.

Kuna received severe injuries, including third-degree burns. He was shifted to a nearby hospital and died in a few hours.

The 22-year-old hailed from Ranpur village of Nayagarh district and was working as a laborer for the construction of a temple. The truck association of the area is building the temple.

The association’s president, Chhaila Chandra Jena, said that he rushed to the spot after hearing about the incident and called the police.

The local police have registered a case and sent the body for a post-mortem.

  • Get Alerts

    Follow ProPakistani to get latest news and updates.

    ProPakistani Community

    Join the groups below to get latest news and updates.