Due to the exorbitant prices of brand new vehicles, a majority of buyers opt for used cars. However, buying used vehicles involves a variety of verification measures such as checking the vehicle’s documents, registration, tax payment records, to name a few. Such measures can be further authenticated by obtaining a forensics certificate for the vehicle.
Most often, the reasonably priced used vehicles are not in ideal condition, both inside and out. Therefore, the buyers should obtain a forensics certificate of the vehicle. For that reason, the Islamabad Police Department has shared a step-by-step guide for the vehicle owners/buyers to obtain the forensics certificate for their vehicles.
Here’s how you can obtain the certificate:
- Visit the Forensic Science Laboratory at the Police line Headquarters H-11/1, Islamabad, on the vehicle for which you want the forensic certificate.
- Also, you must take the vehicle’s original registration book, original CNIC, and a photocopy of both.
- Upon getting to the lab, fill in the application form for the vehicle’s forensic clearance, and submit it.
- After the application has been submitting, the lab will examine your application and your vehicle.
- Following the examination, the engine and chassis number of the vehicle shall be attested via various mediums.
- If the vehicle passes the tests, it will be returned to the owner on the same day, and a clearance report signed by the superintendent of the police headquarters will be sent to the owner the next day. However, if the car is found to have been tampered with in any way, it will be handed over to the authorities.
Step Wise Process to get the Vehicle Forensic Certificate. For more details pls contact the forensic lab. 051-9258371 ext-162#IslamabadPolice@ShkhRasheed @PTVNewsOfficial @MoIB_Official @RadioPakistan @dcislamabad @Safecityibd @DigIslamabad pic.twitter.com/1gg1hlIt0M
— Islamabad Police (@ICT_Police) December 22, 2020
To obtain more details about the whole process and understand the importance of the certificate, the interested party can contact 051-9258371 (ext 162) or visit the official website of Islamabad Police.