With the first #StayHome Eid Al Fitr coming up, ProPakistani has received a lot of questions on How to perform Namaz e Eid At home.
“There is no Khutbah of Eid when praying at home.”
Also Read: When Will The Virus Leave Pakistan
The Eid prayer has two rak’ahs (parts), starting with the non-verbal niyah or the intention of the Eid prayer. This is followed by six or seven extra takbeers, other than the opening takbeer (takbeerat-ul-ihram) in the first rak’ah.
“After rising and giving (takbeer takbeerat-ul-qiyaam) to the second rak’ah, one should say five extra takbeers,”.
“It is also permissible to perform the Eid Prayer with only three extra takbeers in each rak’ah.”-
Step-By-Step Guide | Perform Namaz e Eid At Home
The prayer can be offered individually, but if you are praying with your family, an adult male member should be the leader. It can be your father, brother or grandfather. If there is no male family member in the house, a grown-up female can lead the prayer.
- Make the intention in your heart — no need to say it. Start with the opening takbeer (‘Allahu Akbar’).
- Say the opening supplication quietly (optional). Give seven (or six or three) more takbeers after the imam (or the prayer leader), raising your voice and hands-out for each time.
- In between each takbeer, it is optional to say:
‘subhanallah, walhamdulillah, wala ilaha illallah, wallahu akbar’.
Listen to the imam’s recitation of Surah Fatihah (Opening Chapter) and an additional Surah following it.
- Say ‘Allahu Akbar’ while moving into the ruku or bowing position with the imam and complete the first rakat of the Eid prayer as if you are praying the Fajr Rise to the second rakat saying ‘Allahu Akbar’
- Give five (or three) more takbeers after the imam, raising your voice and hands out for each repetition. In between each takbeer, it is optional to say ‘subhanallah, walhamdulillah, wala ilaha illallah, wallahu akbar’.
- Listen to the imam’s recitation of Surah Fatihah (Opening Chapter) and an additional Surah following it. Say ‘Allahu Akbar’ while moving into the ruku or bowing position, and complete the second rakat of the Eid prayer as if you are praying during Fajr.
Importance Of Prayer At Home
Protection is ours, just for the asking. We need to pray for protection for our loved ones every day.
Pray for loved ones by name, one by one. You can never pray too much for one person. Sometimes it helps to make a list of all the people that you need to pray for each day. Doing this not only offers us protection, but also sets a great example for our children.
Similarly, Namaz E Eid has special significance.
Offering salat during Eid signifies togetherness among family, friends, neighbours, and relatives. It signifies the importance of a tradition. People are pepped up after the fasting period is over and greet each other ‘Eid Mubaraak‘ making celebration even livelier.
Well, there you have it guys! This was all-in-all a little lesson on Islamic Fiqh and its significance. We hope that now, you’d be able to perform Namaz E Eid at home without any problems. If you have any questions, please leave a comment in the comment section below!