This article will give you a brief overview of what the Sehat Insaf Card is, its eligibility criteria, how to apply, list of treatments covered, and panel hospitals.
What is the Sehat Insaf Card?
The Government of Pakistan has launched the Sehat Insaf Card to provide free-of-cost medical services to low-income and poor households and covers medical bills up to 10 lac rupees annually.
The card, which is under the PTI’s Sehat Sahulat Program, was part of a health insurance scheme that was first launched by the ruling party in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) in 2016, and the program has now been extended to the federal capital, Punjab, and Gilgit-Baltistan.
How to Apply for Sehat Insaf Card
- First, check your Sehat card eligibility by sending your National Identity Card (NIC) number to 8500 via SMS. You can also check the eligibility through the Sehat Card online eligibility facility.
- Download the ‘Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card’ app and register yourself for the Sehat Insaf Card.Download Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card on Google Play Store.Download Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card on App Store.
- If you are eligible, your CNIC will serve as your Sehat Card.
- You must have your CNIC, B-form, and Sehat Insaf Card with you to avail of medical services at the empaneled hospitals.
- At the hospital, you must get your Sehat Card verified at the Sehat Sahulat Program (SSP) counter.
Benefits of Sehat Insaf Card
- Free emergency treatment.
- Free maternity health service.
- Free surgical procedures.
- Free hospitalization.
- Free consultations and follow-ups.
- Coverage of transportation costs.
Treatment Packages in the Sehat Sahulat Program
The Sehat Sahulat Program offers two treatment packages:
1. Priority Treatment Package
All cardholders are eligible for an initial coverage of Rs. 300,000 per family each year. The treatment also offers additional coverage of Rs. 300,000 per family.
The treatments provided in this package are:
- In-patient services (all medical and surgical procedures).
- Heart diseases (angioplasty/bypass).
- Diabetes mellitus completion.
- Burns and accident cases (life and limb saving treatments, implants, prosthesis).
- End-stage kidney diseases/dialysis.
- Chronic infections (hepatitis/HIV/rheumatology).
- Organ failure (liver, kidney, heart, lungs) cases.
- Cancer (chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery).
- Neurosurgical procedure.
2. Secondary Treatment Package
Cardholders get an initial coverage of Rs. 60,000 per family annually, and the package also provides additional coverage of Rs. 60,000 per family when needed.
The treatment services in this package are:
- All medical and surgical procedures.
- Emergency treatment requiring admission.
- Maternity services (normal delivery and C–section).
- Maternity consultancy/antenatal checkups (four times before delivery and one follow-up after delivery).
- Coverage of local transportation worth Rs. 1,000 (thrice a year).
- Provision of transport to tertiary care hospitals.
List of Panel Hospitals
There are many hospitals on the panel in most of the major cities but we have listed only a few important ones for convenience. The complete list of hospitals in different districts is available on the Sehat Sahulat Website.
Here are some of the major hospitals on the list:
- Pakistan Kidney and Liver Institute & Research Center
- Jinnah Hospital
- Fatima Memorial Hospital Lahore
- Lady Aitchison Hospital
- Gulab Devi Hospital
- Punjab Institute of Cardiology
- Ch. Rahmat Ali Memorial Trust Hospital
- Zahida Welfare Hospital
- Govt. Mian Meer Hospital
- Holy Family Hospital
- District Head Quarter Hospital
- Rawalpindi Institue of Cardiology
- Basharat Hospital
- Benazir Bhutto Hospital
- Khatoon Hospital
- Isra Islamic Foundation G. Limited
- Riphah International Hospital
- Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences
- Islamabad International Hospital and Research Center
- Ayub Teaching Hospital
- Jinnah International Hospital
- Women and Children Hospital
- Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Hospital
- Allied Specialist Hospital
- Abbottabad Medical Complex
- Pakistan Kidney Center
- Chinar Hospital and Dialysis Center Abbottabad
- Shahina Jamil Teaching Hospital
- North West General Hospital
- Jinnah Teaching Hospital
- Fauji Foundation Hospital
- Institute of Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine
- Naseer Ullah Babar Memorial Hospital
- Pak Medical Center and Hospital
- Naseer Teaching Hospital
- Mujahid Hospital Faisalabad
- Rathore Hospital
- Khair Un Nisa Hospital
- Fazal Ellahi Chatta Hospital
- Sughran Siddique Hospital
- Pinum Hospital
- National Hospital
- Al Khidmat Anwar Nazeer Hospital
- Ali General Hospital Multan
- South Punjab Chest Clinic
- Ibn-E-Sina Hospital And Research Institute
- Bakhtawar Amin Hospital
- Al Khaliq Patients Care
- Khurshid Rafique Hospital
- Al-Rehman Surgical Hospital
- Multan Surgical Hospital
If you have any questions regarding the program, let us know in the comments, and keep following for the latest information and updates on the Sehat Sahulat Program.
Does the sehat card covers OPD cases and daily medicines prescribed while visiting hospital as an OPD patient
Great Initiative by the Govt. of Pakistan
Pingback:How To Treat Iron Deficiency Anemia With Iron-Rich Foods