Ever dine out at some fancy restaurants? If yes, you’ll notice every time you order soup they usually pair it with breadsticks, hot dinner rolls, and butter! They taste absolutely delicious, and unlike most bread, this one in particular, is soft, fluffy and full of cheesy goodness.
Even though it seems so fancy, this cheese bread takes almost no time to prepare. And you don’t need any special ingredients for it too, with many of them probably lying around your house.
Want to serve this excellent starter dish with your meals? We are going to show you how to make this scrumptious goodie.
This cheese bread recipe we’re going to share will take you an hour at most. This time includes everything on how to create; including prep, kneading, proving AND baking time. Its that easy.
Follow these simple steps and we’re sure you’ll have the most delicious homemade cheese bread made in no time. You can serve with cream cheese, melted or better yet, some piping hot chai (tea)!
Ingredients for Cheese Bread Recipe
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 3 slices of cheese
- Water for kneading
- 1 egg
- Take a big bowl and add flour, egg, yeast, sugar, salt, oil and water, knead with the help of a spatula.
- Make the garlic butter by crushing garlic and mixing it in butter, now add 1tbsp of garlic butter in the dough and set remaining garlic butter aside.
- Knead the dough well and ensure the dough is runny, then gradually add flour and continue to knead.
- Make sure the dough’s consistency is soft to the touch. Shape the ready dough into a ball and oil the top, and allow proving for at least 25 minutes.
- After the dough is proved, roll the dough out it in a huge rectangular shape, apply garlic butter on half the rectangle, and then fold into half width wise.
- Place pieces of cheese on the folded rectangle. Lastly, fold the dough lengthwise 3 times.
- Cut the folded dough into small pieces, place in the pre-greased mold and allow the bread to prove for a further 15 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 180 degrees or until they’re golden brown.
- Serve fresh and out of the oven!
Well what are you waiting for? Let us know how this scrumptious cheese bread recipe worked out for you.