PTCL Employees' Strike is Over
It is reported that with the grace of Allah, dialogues between PTCL Administrations and United Workers’ Union. PTCL administration went successful and that PTCL administration has accepted almost all demands from employees’ union, which in return put their 2 weeks’ long strike over with immediate effect.
Geo TV reported late night (July 30, 2008) that dialogues between PTCL administration and PTCL Workers Union reached to a conclusive agreement. Main points of agreement are
- Strike will be over
- 35 percent increment in salary for regular employees (In effect from July 1, 2008)
- 8,000 contract employees will be promoted to regular employment
- Regular employees will get all benefits but no pension (retirement fund)
- Salary increment for contract employees will be decided by a committee of eight members (5 from Workers’ Union and 3 from PTCL administration)
A welcome news for Telecom sector and Pakistan. And we must appriciate PTCL administration for taking positive turn, though it was little late… but all is well that ends well.
- PTCL Employees Continue Strike
- BZU Students / Officials to Get Discounted EVO Services
- PTCL Employees Go on Strike over Salary Differences
- Open Letter Of a Daughter to President & CEO of PTCL
- PTCL Employees Set Another Front for Administration
- PTCL Operations got Jammed As Employees Protest against "Unified Pay Scale"
- PTCL Resumes Operations, Customers Urge Bill Waiver