PTCL Employees Protest for Low Wages and Incentives
PTCL employees from all departments with-in Islamabad/Rawalpindi have once again gathered before headquarter in a protest against the administration for not raising their salaries and almost no incentives.
Result of this protest has affected company’s performance notably, as employees have not been working, consequently support concerns of customers remained un-resolved.
This is not the first time that PTCL employees are protesting against administration. They have been regularly blocking the system in past too. Such protests put PTCL customers in very miserable situation, as their faulty lines remain down for undefined time. Moreover, DSL installations from all ISPs also face delays, creating panic amongst the masses.
Update: PTCL’s employees continued their protest on Sunday, (August 30th, 2009). Situation went out of control when police was called and it started arresting protesting employees. We are told that few employees were put behind the bars.
- PTCL Employees Continue Strike
- PTCL Employees' Strike is Over
- PTCL Union to Face Stern Action If They Take Law into Their Hands: LHC
- PTCL Employees Set Another Front for Administration
- RHC Decides to Secure PTCL Offices from Protesters
- PTCL Strike Ends, Claims Management
- PTCL Resumes Operations, Customers Urge Bill Waiver