PTA to Start Awareness Campaign on Balance Transfer Frauds -
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority is planning to launch an awareness campaign for mobile subscribers to educate them on illegal balance transfer (mobile credit) asked by fallacious individuals against a lottery prizes, reported us people aware of the situation.
It is often seen that mobile phone subscribers receive SMS or even calls telling them about a lottery prize of 5 lakh or so. Callers ask mobile users to transfer balance (mobile credit) in order to avail the lottery prize.
PTA intends to aware mobile phone subscribers that no cellular company will ask them for any kind of balance transfers against any lottery prize.
Mobile phone users must inform their respective help line in case they receive any such call. Make sure that you save the caller’s number to get it reported.
- Some Calls and SMS can Land you in Trouble
- Indian Propaganda Against Pakistan on Telecom Front
- Pakistan Reaches 111 Million Mobile Phone Users in October 2011
- Ufone’s 'Collect Call' Service is Causing Balance Loss for Customers
- MNP Users Cross 10 Million Mark
- PTA to Develop SIM Information System
- Scam: MNP Requests Being Processed Without Customer’s Consent