Breaking: YouTube Banned in Pakistan
We are receiving information which indicates that YouTube has been blocked in Pakistan on direct orders of Prime Minister of Pakistan.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has reportedly directed Ministry of Information Technology to block the access of YouTube website in Pakistan.
“Blasphemous content will not be accepted at any cost”, Prime Minister was quoted as saying.
ProPakistani users confirmed us that they were unable to open YouTube on some ISPs. Internet Service Providers are reportedly in process of blocking YouTube, as a whole website, which will be completed in a while.
Earlier in the morning today Chief Justice of Pakistan had ordered PTA to make all copies of blasphemous videos un-available to Pakistani internet users. However, due to fast replication of video on YouTube, the anti-Islam video was still available on the website.
A statement issued by PTA in the evening said that Authority has been vigorously monitoring and blocking the Anti-Islamic video placed on worldwide web.
Earlier, YouTube had denied a request from White House for removal of the film in question by saying that Video Film doesn’t violate its community guidelines but it had maintained that the controversial film was blocked in selected countries in accordance with local state laws.
It merits mentioning here that Afghanistan has already banned YouTube for same reasons.
This is a developing Story
- PM Orders to Block YouTube Again
- YouTube May Be Opened Soon: Chairman PTA
- Pakistan to Open YouTube Only if Blasphemous Videos Get Blocked
- YouTube Ban to Stay Till Removal of Videos: Interim Setup
- CJ Orders PTA to Block Anti-Islamic Videos on YouTube
- List of Blocked Websites in Pakistan [Blashphemy Crackdown]
- PTA Blocks Access to Anti Islamic Film on YouTube