Survey Ranks Telenor as the Most Preferred Employer in Pakistan
Telenor Pakistan has been ranked as the top employer in the country amongst various sectors, as per the survey conducted by ROZEE.PK in collaboration with Yougov, a leading a leading global opinion pollster based in UK.
Compensation & benefits, brand image, career growth, better work environment and social responsibility were the factors for selection of Telenor Pakistan as the most preferred employer.
In the industry break up category, Telenor Pakistan led from the front as the most preferred employer in the telecommunications industry with 56.79% votes.
Speaking about the most preferred employer ranking, Vice President Human Capital Division, Telenor Pakistan, Muhammad Shoaib Baig said,
“This is a worthy accomplishment for Telenor Pakistan to be declared the top employer in the country.
We attribute this to our people centric culture and egalitarian values that provide a progressive and growth oriented work environment. We believe that our people are our real asset and nothing is possible without their hard work, commitment and dedication.”
Telenor Pakistan was also found to be the most sought after employer among university students with respondents from 10 unique universities voting it as their preferred employer. It is pertinent to note that Telenor Pakistan was also ranked the most preferred employer in Rozee.pk survey back in 2009.
According to the survey report for 2012, a total of 9,068 respondents took the survey in 16 weeks and specified their preference to work for the top employer in the country. Respondents had the choice to pick one employer from a list of 1,169 companies or choose an alternate company.
Demographics of respondents:
- 68% of respondents hail from the four major cities of Pakistan: Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad-Rawalpindi Metropolitan Area and Faisalabad.
- 88% of respondents were males whereas 12% female respondents took the survey.
- 42% respondents fall between the age group of 25-29, 24% belonged to the age group of 18-24, while 34% belonged to the age bracket beyond 30.
- 72% of the respondents are full time employees.
- 92% of the employed respondents have a Bachelors or higher level university degree, whereas 52% of them held a Masters or higher university level degree.
- 39% of the employed respondents were employed in professional or higher technical work, whereas 38% were employed as managers or senior administrators.
Top 10 Employers in Pakistan (2012)
Top 10 Employers in Telecommunication Industry
Telenor Pakistan, takes up the number one with more than half of the weighted votes given to the top three employers in this category. Mobilink follows behind with 33% weighted votes and Ufone becomes the third top employer as preferred by respondents.
Other notable names who despite obtaining significant respondents votes do not appear in the the top three list are PTCL, Warid Telecom, Wateen Telecom and Wi-Tribe Pakistan Ltd.
Top 10 Employers in Information Technology Industry
Microsoft leads with 33% weighted votes in the Information Technology sector. Following closely are Netsol Technologies and AbacusConsulting with approximately 30% and 31% weighted votes respectively.
Other notable names that received significant votes are Teradata Pakiatan and 3D Cellular.
Top 10 Employers by Females
Of the 12% females who took the survey, about 21% have voted for United Nations Pakistan to be the top employer amongst nine others selected.
A total of four FMCGs are listed under the top ten employer banner by females. Females were more inclined than their male counterparts towards the NGO/Social Services sector with the inclusion of both the UN and Aga Khan Foundation.
Top 10 Employers by Males
88% males responded to the survey, and of these about 17% have voted for Telenor to be their top preferred employer in Pakistan, followed by Unilever Pakistan that acquires approximately 16% votes from the male respondents.
Although a similar trend of preferences is visible in both classifications, Pakistan Tobacco Company Ltd, Oil and Gas Development Ltd Company and Abbott are voted to appear in the Top Ten Employers by Males
list only, whereas, Aga Khan Foundation, Procter & Gamble and Habib Bank Ltd appear in the Top Ten Employers by Females list only.
Also noteworthy is that four banks were ranked as the top employers by females, whereas as only one was selected by males.
- Which is Best Cellular Company of Pakistan?
- 45 % Mobile Users are Late Night Callers, Rozee Survey Finds
- Majority of Pakistanis Are Unhappy About YouTube Ban, They Blame Google For it: Survey
- Best Cellular Company for Customer Support – Survey Concluded
- Telenor to Lay off Over 100 Employees in Pakistan
- Rozee Survey: Trends in Pakistan’s Job Market
- PTA Issues SMS Based Perception Survey Results for Celcos