Telenor to Change the Content of its Controversial Hoarding in Islamabad
Telenor Group’s hoarding displayed in Blue Area, Islamabad, is about to be altered by Telenor Pakistan, a spokesperson has just confirmed ProPakistani.
For those who don’t know, Telenor had displayed a hoarding in Islamabad with tagline “We are 4G-LTE” for its group operations across Asia.
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, while taking the notice of the hoarding, had asked Telenor Pakistan for the explanation.
A PTA spokesperson explained ProPakistani that PEPSI can’t advertise a service/product in this country which is offered in India or in any other market if it is not available in Pakistan.
“Similarly Telenor Pakistan or its group can’t advertise 4G while it is not offering the service in Pakistan”, the official said.
Telenor, in response, is removing the line “We are 4G-LTE” from the hoarding to comply with regulator’s directions.
- Telenor Bluntly Misleads its Customers in Pakistan
- China Mobile, Telenor Holding Talks for Merger/ Acquisition
- Telenor Gets a Sister Concern in Pakistan
- Telenor to Invest USD 1 Billion in Pakistan After Getting 3G Spectrum: Fredrik Baksaas
- Telenor Caught Sending Spam Emails, Disowning Them Now!
- Telenor Stretches its Reach in India
- New SIM Rules: Future of Retailers is Yet to be Decided