Jameel Ahmed Memon has become Pakistan’s First ITIL V.3 certified. ITIL is a public framework that describes Best Practice in IT service management. It provides a framework for the governance of IT and focuses on the continual measurement and improvement of the quality of IT service delivered, from both a business and a customer perspective, it is not technology oriented.
Since the mid 1990s, ITIL has been a worldwide de facto standard for IT Service Management. Although widely adopted in Europe, the use of ITIL is growing in popularity in North America.
Some of the benefits of ITIL:
- Increased user and customer satisfaction with IT services
- Improved service availability, directly leading to increased business profits and revenue
- Financial savings from reduced rework, lost time, improved resource management and usage
- Improved time to market for new products and services
- Improved decision making and optimized risk.
Following standard are based on ITIL framework:
ISO/IEC 20000 or BS15000 (IT Service Management), PRIINCE2 (Project Management)
ISO/IEC 17799/27001 (ISO Codes of Practice for Information Security Management)
Jameel Ahmed Memon bears 2 years experience in data and voice communication networks as an engineer and IT consultant. He has worked for Orange Pakistan (France Telecomm Group Of Companies).