Resultantly, copying content has grown beyond the control in Pakistan. As online media is surging in terms of visibility, benefits and revenues, the magnitude of new websites appearing on Pakistan horizon has crossed the estimates.
Unfortunately, most of these websites are content lifters or aggregators. They keep reproducing your content without any credit, or link back. Print Media is not left behind in this race too.
From real life example, it is just like if a you have a shop and another shopkeeper steps-in and start looting your goods. He then re-sale those goods at his own price. Other way around copy/pasting business had high returns, without any investment/efforts involved.
Don’t let the copiers lift your content! Deal with them very strictly. Lifters may start getting higher rank over your keywords, this gonna be a nightmare for you with dropping traffic and many other horrific consequences.
How to Report to Google about Copyright Violation:
Okay, now if you are one of such annoyed bloggers, whose content is being lifted openly and shamelessly, try following trick:
Step 1: Go to Google’s Online DMCA complaint page here: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=dmca_complaint
Step 2: Fill the form with all required information.
Step 3: You are done. Wait for few days or couple of weeks at most and Google will surely take action against the website.
- Google may discard your complaint, given you had not enough information or proof for copyright violation. So make your case strong by giving at least 6/7 copied links. Write all possible details
- Google may ban adsense account of copier
- Google may ban copier’s website for search engine and so on.
Content Reproduction on News/Blog Aggregates with Consent:
News/Blog Aggregators are reproducing my content with my consent, should I be worried of keyword ranking for my website: well this is a debatable topic. Micheal Gray has written this useful post, in which he compares the pros and cons of aggregations. Summary of this article is as following:
- Never let anyone republish 100% of your content
- Try to get a link back to your main site and individual post in every article
- Give permission to syndicate only a snippet of the post
- Sometimes getting visibility is more important than getting credit
- Sometimes getting a link from a higher powered site is more important than getting credit
- Syndicated content can be powerful tool for ORM projects
So based on individual case and situation you can decide on news/blog aggregators. About content lifters, don’t spare them.