But this week, COMSATS Institute of IT held a MoMo event in Islamabad and they are hopping that they won’t stop the series this time.
The theme of this month’s event was "Developing Mobile Applications".
According to information that we have got, representatives from Alcatel-Lucent, Telenor, Ufone, ZTE, Warid, Wateen, ZONG, Mobilink, Huawei and ICT R & D Fund were invited to the event.
Besides Industry, Professors, Faculty and students from Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Management Sciences, CAST and Mathematics Departments of CIIT participated in the event.
It was an Informal day and every one shared their ideas on the theme.
The event was reportedly very interactive due to the discussions between Faculty, students and representatives from industry.
Ten groups of students from Electrical Engineering department and Computer Science departments also presented their projects related to mobile applications. Their projects were appreciated by the representatives of the companies.
Representative from National ICT R&D Fund urged the participation of PSEB and PASHA group in this event as they are involved in development of mobile application and other related issues.
COMSATS says that event is scheduled on every 2nd Monday of the month, from now onwards.
Students Project Displayed
- Designing of Antenna for Broadband Jamming Applications
- MMS Security Camera
- An Electrically Small Multiband Antenna for Wireless Applications
- Truncated Circular Edged Wide Band Micro Strip Patch Antenna
- Compact Micro-strip Patch Antenna for WLAN/Zig-Bee/RFID/Wi-MAX/LTE Band 7 and On-Body Applications
- Antenna Design for LTE, Release 10 (Frequency Range: 850MHz)
- Trapezoidal Printed Monopole Antenna With Bell Shaped Cut
Here are selected pictures from the event:
Special thanks to Dr. Mahmood Ashraf (of COMSATS) for facilitating us with information