Microsoft Devices today unveiled its latest Lumia 830 smartphone at IFA in Berlin, which, according to the company, is a flagship device with affordable price tag.
Lumia 830 carries forward the traditional Lumia design, packed with metal and polycarbonate to give the device a premium look. Lumia 830 will be available in bright colors including orange, bright green, white and black.
Newsiest Lumia phone measures just 8.5mm thin, that’s the thinnest for any Lumia smartphone. While it weighs 150 grams, which is again the lightest by Lumia standards till date.
Boosting a five-inch ClearBlack display and super-sensitive touch technology with Curved Gorilla 3.0 glass, Microsoft claims that Lumia 830 will offer greater readability in sunlight.
Under the covers, Lumia 830 is powered by a 1.2GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB in-house memory that can be extended till 128GB via a microSD slot. Lumia 830 users will also get 15GB of free OneDrive cloud storage.
The Lumia 830, comes with a rear-facing 10MP PureView camera with ZEISS optics and the thinnest and lightest Optical Image Stabilization system Nokia has ever built. There is a minor 1MP front facing camera as well for selfies and skyping.
A mediocre 2200mAh removable battery will house on the back of Lumia 830.
Lumia 830 will come pre-loaded with the Microsoft’s latest Lumia Denim update, which brings Live Folders, Apps Corner, an updated Glance screen and more secure networking to Windows 8.1 Lumia devices.
The Lumia 830 is expected to be available in September around the world and is estimated to be priced at around US 440 dollars, which we believe is over priced considering the hardware.
Here are specs again:
- CPU: Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- OS: Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Dimensions: 139.4 x 70.7 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 150 g
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 720 x 1280 pixels, 5.0 inches (~294 ppi pixel density)
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal: 16GB
- Card slot: microSD, up to 128 GB
- Primary: 10 MP, Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 0.9 MP, 720p
- Connectivity: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth v4.0, NFC, MicroUSB v2.0
- Battery: Li-Ion 2200 mAh battery (BV-L4A)