Ufone Launches UWatch to Keep Your Kids Connected and Secure
12 months ago
Ufone today launched a first of its kind product that will bring parents some much needed peace of mind – the UWatch.
Ufone’s UWatch is primarily aimed at keeping the kids connected with parents when they are away, and that too without the need of smartphones.
Priced at merely Rs. 6,999, UWatch is a wearable watch that has rich feature set to keep parents connected with their kids by knowing their real-time location and two way voice calling functionality i.e. the parent can dial into the watch and also the child can dial from the watch to the parent’s mobile number.
Ali Qazi (Left) Head of M2M and Devices, Ufone, and Aamir Pasha (Right) Head of PR and CSR, Ufone, with Kids at the Launch Event of UWatch
With the UWatch app, the parent is always in control. From live monitoring to setting up safe zones, the app provides several ways to customize the UWatch experience for your family.
“At Ufone, we maintain an unwavering focus on our customers’ needs and convenience with innovation being at the forefront of everything we do. The UWatch is a prime example of that as it offers a very unique and innovate way of keeping families connected,” said Taimur Faiz Cheema, Ufone’s General Manager Marketing. “We are proud to be the first telecom company in Pakistan to launch a breakthrough product like the UWatch and we are confident this will bring some much needed relief to the parents.”
Main Features of UWatch
- Real time tracking
- Voice calling (Parent’s to kids)
- Fast Dial Emergency SOS Calling (Kids to Parents)
- Safe Zones / Geo Fence
- Safe list calling
- Tracking History Playback
- Remote Turn off/Turn On Function
- Battery time of up to 2 days
- Water Resistant
- Time, Date and Alarm.
What’s Included in the Package:
- A UWatch
- An Android App
When a customer will buy a UWatch, he/she can get it activated by verifying UWatch SIM through biometric verification system. Once UWatch SIM is activated, you are good to use UWatch.
Parents can install UWatch app by scanning QR code printed on UWatch box. After installation, parents will have to register the app by giving parent’s or guardian’s mobile number, UWatch SIM number and UWatch CID (to be provided to customer at the time of UWatch purchase).
Parent can register more than one UWatches, meaning that they can track and monitor more than one kid at a time.
Real Time Tracking
With UWatch Android App, guardians can know the real time location of their kids. They just have to click on “Location” button to get real time location of their kid wearing UWatch.
Clicking on location will display the exact address and coordinates for the convenience. Map of real time location of kids can be viewed in Satellite mode or in 2D map format.
Two Way Calling
Guardians can dial their kids while remaining with-in the UWatch app. Simply click on “Call” button to setup a voice call. UWatch is naturally equipped with a speaker and mic for two way communication between kids and parents.
Similarly kids can press SOS calling button to initiate a voice call. With this function a call will be originated from UWatch to parent or guardian.
Guardian can add up to three numbers for SOS calling so that if first ICE number isn’t responding or if its busy, the call is diverted to second guardian and then third one until the call is responded.
Play Tracking History
With UWatch you can play the history of routes that your kids have taken. This feature will play accurate turn-by-turn tracking history of your kids during a specified period.
UWatch can store history map of UWatch kids for up to three months. To play a tracking history, simply go to tracking history and select a start and end time and date to play location history map of your kids.
Define Safe Zones / Danger Zones
Guardians can define safe zones or otherwise danger zones for the kids or define an area with-in which kids are suppose to remain. For example if you mark a park, or a school as safe zone, UWatch will alert the guardians whenever kids will leave the safe zone.
UWatch allows to mark up to 5KMs of area as safe zone/danger zone. UWatch can send alert SMS to guardians if kids leave a safe zone or otherwise if they enter a danger zone or both.
- With UWatch app, you can choose up to three numbers that your kid’s UWatch can call and receive calls from. Calls from any other numbers will be blocked.
- UWatch can’t be switched off by kids. Only guardians can switch if off or on through UWatch app
- Thanks to light sensors, UWatch will send an alert to guardian as soon as watch is removed from wrist.
- UWatch won’t be able to receive any calls from any number other than guardians.
- UWatch has ability to cache data if it goes outside of coverage area that will be transmitted back once internet if live again
- For parents with multiple kids, you can create multiple profiles for each kid with UWatch to monitor and stay in touch with.
- Shock and splash proof
- UWatch’s Price: Rs. 6,999
- Annual Charges: Rs. 3,000 per year
- First Time Charges: UWatch Price + Annual Charges for First Year: Rs. 9,999
- All prices are including taxes
- UWatch comes with six months of Ufone warranty
Monitoring Charges include:
- 2,000 SMS — for notifications to be sent from UWatch to Guardians
- 100 UWatch to Ufone minutes
- 100 MBs to be used by UWatch for sending data to servers
The UWatch is now available for purchase from Ufone Service Centers in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.