The Azadi Train will go on a countrywide journey of 15 days.
This journey will start from Margalla Station on 12 August 2017 and will culminate at Karachi Cantt Station on 25 August 2017.
Complete schedule for the Azadi Train has been finalized and released.
For those interested in journeying through the Azadi train, here is the complete route and schedule that it will follow:
Schedule of Azadi Train
According to it, the special train will leave on Saturday (12th August) at 12:30 pm from Islamabad and will touch Peshawar Canntt at 4:30 pm.
- On 13 August, the train will leave Peshawar Cantt at 10:30 in the morning for Rawalpindi and will be welcomed there at 7:15 in the evening.
- It will vacate Rawalpindi on 15 August at 9:15 in the morning and will come to Lahore at 10:00 in the night time.
- It will stopover in Lahore for two days and will leave for Multan on 17 August from Lahore. It will arrive at Multan at 11:30 in the night.
- On 18 August, it will leave Multan at 9 in the morning for Khanpur and reach there at 7:19 pm.
- After a night stay, the passenger train will proceed from Khanpur at 8:30 in the morning and will arrive at Sukkar at 8 in the night.
- On 20 August, it will depart Sukkar at 9:30 in the morning and will arrive at Sibbi at 8 in the evening.
- For residing there for a day, the Azadi train will advance from Sibbi on 21 August at 7 in the morning and will arrive at Quetta at 5 in the evening.
- On 23 August the train will depart Quetta at 7 in the morning and will arrive at Sukkhar at 7:30 in the evening.
- For staying there for a day, the train will depart Sukkhar on 24 August at 8 in the morning and will arrive at NawabShah at 7 in the evening
- Using the same route it will reach Tandu Adam Hyderabad.
- It will stay at Hyderabad for one night. Then from Kotri it will depart for Karachi Cantt.
- On 25 August this journey will end at Karachi Cantt at 6 in the evening.
Special attention is being given to Azadi Train by Ministry of Railways. Parveen Agha, Secretary Ministry of Railways visited Carriage Factory Islamabad (CFI) in order to check the making of the Azadi Train.
She appreciated the efforts of M. Yusuf, Managing Director CFI and his team. She also appreciated the efforts of Railway’s Rawalpindi Division and Lahore Division for the expedition of Azadi Train. Aftab Akbar, Secretary Railway Board and Abdul Malik, DS Rawalpindi also accompanied her.
She also visited Margalla Station to check the arrangements made for the inauguration of Azadi Train.