The Yeelight Bedside Lamp from 2015 was reinvented by Xiaomi and released today. The lamp was however released without the Yeelight branding.
The new Xiaomi Bedside Lamp has features pretty close to those offered by the original Yeelight lamp.
While the new lamp offers the same dimensions as the original one, there are a few minute differences among the two products.
The new lamp is a wee bit heavier with a weight of 284 g when compared to the original Yeelight lamp weighing 280 g.
Also this lamp is available in only the golden colour. The Yeelight logo has also been replaced with that of Mija’s.
The Real Difference
What really makes this new lamp distinct from the the Yeelight lamp are the following features:
- It offers Wi-Fi connectivity, though it can only support 2.4 GHz for now.
- It comes with the option of Bluetooth 4.2 LE
- It uses the MI AI Assistant to offer voice control support.
New Lamp — Works The Same
You can use the new Xiaomi lamp just like the Yeelight lamp, that much is still the same.
Here’s what you need to do in order to use the features offered by the lamp:
- In order to turn the lamp on, press the centre button.
- By tapping the edge, you go through the pre-set modes
- In order to adjust the brightness of the lamp, you need to slide across the edge of the lamp
- You can also adjust the colour of the light of the lamp, by sliding the edge with a finger while holding the centre with another.
- If you connect your lamp with the Mi Band, it will automatically switch off when you fall asleep.
Xiaomi Bedside Lamp costs ¥249 (~$38) and is powered at 10W and is equipped with OSRAM LEDs that with 16 million colors.